Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 24" Suspension forks – any idea where I can get one ?
  • Ti_Tim
    Free Member

I'm looking to buy a 24" V brake suspension fork for my lads bike now that he's getting keen but I'm struggling to find anything other than Suntour forks – can anyone recommend anything else ?

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

how about use a short-ish travel 26inch fork with a cable disc, probably be cheaper because there is much more choice. wouldnt put anything too long on because it will change the geometry too much.

Ti_Tim
    Free Member

I'd thought about that but I've got a nice set of Avids I was planning to use on the build. Even something like an 80mm Rockshock is still going to kick the front up quite a bit – I tried an old 26" Indy fork just to guage size and that made quite a difference on the geometry.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Spaceman
    Free Member

24" fork? **** me I thought my 200mm Boxxers were pretty rad.

Ti_Tim
    Free Member

Spaceman – yeah 24" forks are the way to go – the steering can be a bit sloppy but its dead easy to wheelie 8)

Limy
    Free Member

Suntour XCR fork is 24" specific and is used on a lot of kids bikes. Can be used with V-brakes or disc.

snakebite
    Free Member

Suntour are doing stand alone forks proper now I understand, rather than as OEM type products

imp999
    Free Member

My two girl's bikes have got std forks on that I have reduced the travel and spring rate on. They work fine.
    Its the spring rate change that is the most difficult to acheive unless you can get an air-sprung fork.

Limy
    Free Member

Yeah suntour have been making after market forks for a while now and are getting some really good reviews across the range.

br
    Free Member

tbh I run standard forks on my sons' 24" wheeled bikes, just a bit more mud room really.

+1 air forks

Ti_Tim
    Free Member

Thanks all for the responses – I think I'll go with the Suntour forks to start with and if necesary upgrade to air forks later on.

Cheers,

Ti_Tim

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘24" Suspension forks – any idea where I can get one ?’ is closed to new replies.