Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 24" mountain/hack/trials bike- for an adult
  • sam3000

Looking to build up a hack/ trials / mountain bike….

Using 24″ wheels…. I have no idea where to start. I remember my mates having trials bike on 24″ wheels.

For some reason I want to build one up and have a go.

What kit frames/ wheels / forks does anybody recommend..

Thanks

Sam

Markie
    Free Member

I’m (hopefully) going to be building up a Retrovelo Otto in the new year, and v much looking forward to it!

http://www.retrovelo.de/otto-en.html

jackthedog
    Free Member

I’m (hopefully) going to be building up a Retrovelo Otto in the new year, and v much looking forward to it!

Ah, a man of fine taste. VERY jealous! Been lusting after those for a while.

I’ve run a 24er jump /play bike in the past. Great fun. Due to make a comeback any time soon, no doubt.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sharkattack

DMR Wrath

jes
    Free Member

24″ its the future 🙂
    After a long search, I’ve finally got a new curtis sx24 frame in the colour I wanted and at a reasonable price.
    Just need to finish the build to see how it rides.

sharkattack

“I wanna go this way – up here – over there!” Was that OTTO speaking or did I really want to take the hard way getting from here to there? It’s barely discernable whether man or machine is in charge here – they both speak the same language. No matter how you call it: Hipbike, Hot Wheelow or PONYVELO – inspired by BMX and pony cars OTTO dashes in on his 24” wheels – permanently pushing his rider and everyone else.

OTTO even marvels mountain bikers with his agility. With our PONYVELO we pay homage to the legendary ‘60’s PONYCARS (Ford Mustang, etc) and have bred a zippy little 24” ride from our 26” BALLOON RACER. Our PONYCAR on two wheels even made us start a small racing team. Be inspired and amazed at how a PONYVELO could speed you up!

What on Earth are they blathering on about? What a load of …………………

TheBrick
    Free Member

Not that dissimilar to the original uk mtb

Markie
    Free Member

It was my dream that when Brant said On-One were doing a 24″ bike, that would be it 😀

And yes, that promo-blurb is a bit Euro for my tastes too!

jackthedog
    Free Member

24″ its the future

They make a lot of sense for playing around at the smoother trail centres, something a great many do these days. If I had one on the doorstep (and not the rock, root and mud fest that is Wharncliffe or the Peak district) I’d definitely build a 24er back up again.

Macavity
    Free Member

OCB
    Free Member

I keep coming back to this idea for my 4X, I can see it flying on the local BMX track on 24″ …

ianv
    Free Member
    xiphon
    Free Member

If you’re heading to the BMX track, get a cruiser

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘24" mountain/hack/trials bike- for an adult’ is closed to new replies.