• This topic has 46 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by poah.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • 24" kids recommendations
  • Chainline
    Free Member

I should add that I have two girls and at 7 the OnOne was slightly too long for the youngest and I bought a Luna from Halfords. Stripped it completely apart from frame/wheels and bars, replaced all the heavy stuff as above. Its a good light frame and the wheels are fine.

It was unbelievably lighter when I’d done. (If you don’t want to use forks the 440mm a2c OnOne carbon forks fit a treat and barely change the geo at all with 24″ wheels)

Then when she was a bit bigger I put all the original stuff back(unused) and sold it like that) and put the running gear on a new OnOne frame.

russyh
    Free Member

Chainline if you are selling your 24″ wheels then I may be interested chuck me an email (in profile) if so.

Russ

Chainline
    Free Member

Ok Russ, I am…just haven’t got round to it. I’ll email.

russyh
    Free Member

Thanks chainline.

So I should probably start my own build thread. However, the Rocket Ron tyres arrived yeasterday after a long wait. Fitted to my daughters bike this morning and have lost over 1.5lbs in the process!!! Ideal. next up is to sort the wheels (hopefully chainline will tick that box) and brakes. I am in two minds with what to do with the brakes. I have two sets of Avids, neither a complete set. However to make them a complete set i would need to buy a bleed kit, olives, inserts etc. I am looking at a set of brand new Altus hydro brakes on CRC for £30!! Plus £5 for the olives and inserts when i have to shorten the hose. Has any one used the Altus brakes? I cant see that they have reach adjust which may be important for the girl.

poah
    Free Member

I got these for the wife’s bike

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-acera-m395-disc-brake/rp-prod119954

came with olive etc for shortening hose

russyh
    Free Member

I think that’s slight more cash Poah for what looks to be a similar level brake-set isnt it? as you have to buy them individually Not to up to speed with the entry level kit to be honest

poah
    Free Member

only needed one

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘24" kids recommendations’ is closed to new replies.