Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 24" (kids) DH specific tyres for FOD
  • stevextc
    Free Member

Jnr’s Rocket Rons have been surprisingly resiliant round Surrey/Berkshire/Kent…. (touch wood not had a puncture yet that hasn’t sealed) but I’m looking for something more robes and better grip….

I’m not sure of weight is really an issue or not … TBH …. as the RR’s will still be used for local riding where he has to pedal… but trips to Guisburn Forest (where Gran lives) they are not really up to it and lack of punctures/destroyed tyres is more luck than anything…. that said we only ride there a few times a year but its a fairly long route for Jnr – equally a bloody long walk from Hully Gully to the car park if he does destroy a tyre?

On one hand I’m thinking just get the best DH tyre and use it at FOD and risk the RR’s and carry a couple of tubes at Guisburn on the other I’m wondering if I can get a tyre that is pedal-able AND good for uplift days???

blakec
    Free Member

Maxxis high rollers if they fit in the frame/ fork but they are heavy. Or Hutchinson toro’s for something in between.

carlphillips
    Free Member

what he said

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stevextc
    Free Member

The front fork is a 26″ SID so I expect the 2.5 High Roller will fit easily in a 24″
    (and should slacken the head angle further for DH… )

This should fit better on his Stans Crest though… as his “spare”** wheels are much narrower rims… (some crappy Alex supplied with the Norco when new… they are not even disc specific)

The back wheel I have a Maxxis Snyper (on his spare** back wheel) but its 2.0 vs the RR 2.1….
    I guess the question is will the Snyper at 2.0 be better than the RR at 2.1 and will the Snyper benefit from going on the Crest rims enough to risk the wheel!

**They aren’t really spare as such… but the stock wheels are made of depleted uranium… his front stock wheel weighs more than BOTH his (Crest) race wheels together including cassette! And the lighter wheels are also much stronger… being built with X-Ray…. equally his race wheels are irreplaceable at the moment for anything up to double what they cost me to build… (I got the CX-ray for 99p each and rims for £50) whereas of today the spokes are £2.50 each and the rims £80 IF I can actually buy them ….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘24" (kids) DH specific tyres for FOD’ is closed to new replies.