Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 24 (Jack Bauer) opinion
  • eulach

I finally started watching 24 last year and finished series 4. Are there any seasons worth watching inbetween (five through eight) or should I just watch the latest one? Recommendations please, gentlemen of STW.

Mackem

Watch them all, there’s a certain continuity thri them. They are all silly but entertaining.

Cougar

I’ve not seen it, but heard that the latest series is weaker than the others.

Mackem

…it was (and only 12 hours)

Murray

Stop at series one!

footflaps

I think the first 4 or 5 were best, once Tony and Michelle drop out it lost something. I’m up to Series 9 now.

jon1973
    Free Member

Stop at series one!

He just said he’s finished season 4.

eulach

Thanks for the replies. Maybe I’ll give 5 a go.
    And yes, they are all silly but how could you stop after season one?

cubist
    Free Member

My little brother likes to watch a series in one sitting. After one of his marathon sessions he once told my wife she didn’t know what tired was. Not wise given she had given birth to our first child 3 days earlier…

In answer to the OP they get progressively sillier but suspend your disbelief and they’re still good for a laugh.

Junkyard
    Free Member

how could you stop after season one?

Because they were clearly going to drag it out for as long as possible until they were flogging a dead horse.
    See lost etc for example

atlaz
    Free Member

Got 6 episodes into the latest series having only watched series 1 before. It was too silly; and I’ve watched Arrow so I’m quite happy to watch poorly written crap usually.

Jamie
    Free Member

Has Kim Bauer been attacked by a cougar yet? If not, then quit when you hit that point.

Cougar

I deny everything.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

if you make the mistake of skipping a series you might notice the jump in complete sillyness too much, it’s better to get your disbelief conditioned one step at a time.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Love the show except for S6. Series 7and8 were excellent in my view. Luckily I have a remarkable ability to suspend disbelief.

BoardinBob

Brilliant premise. First 2-3 series were excellent. Turgid mess beyond that and the brilliant premise suddenly becomes a repetitive, predictable farce.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘24 (Jack Bauer) opinion’ is closed to new replies.