Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 24" Cross Tyres
  • brassneck

Can anyone recommend some, and ideally a source? Have fitted the ones I could find (a pair of Kendas 161?) great value at 8.88 from Winstanleys but they are wire bead and could do with a bit more grip / stickiness long term (especially if I get around to tubelessing them). ERTO 540 seems to fit OK (it’s for a Moda Minor X)

tang
    Free Member

Isla bikes have a few of their own, but not cheap. I’m sure Schwalbe used to do the cx pro in 24.

brassneck

Ta, knew about Isla, but as you say not cheap – but maybe the best bet long term. Will see if the Schwalbe ones come up anywhere, it’s another serch to try at least!

fifeandy
    Free Member
    scuttler

I think Islas are 507 ERTO. Was going to suggest Kenda Kross but I think that’s what you have. Choice for 24 inch cross tyres is somewhat limited which is one reason for going to 26.

brassneck

That tools handy. Seems to be listing the cx pro as wire bead only too, and it looks somewhat less grippy (on wet grass and mud) than the Kenda.
    Islabikes also wirebead but a better looking tread and plenty of people seem to be using them .. will run what we brung for now and see.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘24" Cross Tyres’ is closed to new replies.