Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2.4 black chilli mountain kings on my covert for glentress? Yay or Nay?
  • alfabus
    Free Member

Not sure I’ve ever done a whattyres thread before…

these tyres are pretty expensive.. are they worth it? will they fit my frame?!

Currently using some Barons (which don’t roll very fast, but a nice in mud). Normally use Ignitors at home (and still do on XC bikes) and HR/Minions in the alps.

Dave

edit: obviously I’m not just buying some tyres for one trip – I’m swapping from the barons I’ve been running in the mud for something that I’ll use for the summer. Might still swap to somethign dual ply for the alps though.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

keep a Baron on the front, use something faster rolling in the rear from your existing stock?

alfabus
    Free Member

not a bad idea… however, the barons are the mega cheap ones which weigh a ton.

I haven’t been doing much riding up while they’ve been on there, so I hasn’t been a problem, but I was thinking of lightening up a bit.

Dave

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    timmys

Pair of 2.2 Rubber Queens for all round or 2.2 RQ up front and 2.4 X-King at the rear for faster rolling more summer bias.

alfabus
    Free Member

how does the 2.2 RQ size compared to the 2.3 baron – I’m guessing that it’ll be bigger (because they are from conti’s 2 different rulers)

Dave

timmys

Not sure to be honest but RQ-wise 2.2 = “big”, 2.4 = “huge” 🙂

I believe the 2.4 X-King is smaller than the 2.2 RQ (from this thread; http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/another-conti-tyre-question )

alpin
    Free Member

go RQ black chilli, either 2.2 or 2.4. better than the mountain kings, ime.

had mountain kings on gran canaria (bike hire centre) and so many used to come back with side knobs missing…. maybe the black chilli MK aren’t as prone to this as the non-black chilli, i don’t know….

br
    Free Member

Last time there I ran a 2.35 Bonty Team XR4 front and Ardent 2.25 rear – seemed a good pairing of grip/strength/volume front and speed/strength rear.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I was there weekend before last on my hardtail with hans dampfs (bought as a pair from bike-discount.de) they were great and seem to be a perfect all round tyre.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2.4 black chilli mountain kings on my covert for glentress? Yay or Nay?’ is closed to new replies.