Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2.35 tyre on a max 2.3 Rim
  • lukeekulluke
    Free Member

Maybe a stupid question, but is it likely to be OK to run a 2.35″ tyre on a rim that says it only goes up to 2.3″?

Is it likely to be a problem as its only just over?

matt_outandabout

I run 2.35 HighRoller on a 17mm internal X317 rim. I’m sure you will be fine. 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

Not found a tyre measured that accurately yet.

davewalsh
    Free Member

What tyre and rim exactly? There’s a whole world of difference between say a maxxis ignitor and Schwalbe hans dampf even though they’re both 2.35.

joebristol

I was running 2.4@ mountain kings on a Mavic x329 with an internal width of 19mm and that was over the maximum tyre size quoted on the rim.

It meant the tyres had a really rounded profile which I liked and could run 30psi with no punctures or squirming about. That was running with tubes.

I think I actualled preferred the way those tyres would break away compared to the ones now – although I think I’ve got more outright grip these days.

Currently running 2.3″ Maxis Tyres on a 30mm internal width rim with a tubeless setup.

vincienup
    Free Member

As above, it’ll affect the shape of the tyre and it’ll come up a bit rounder than it would on a wider rim, but there’s no big safety issue.

cookeaa

To put it in context that extra 0.05″ = 1.27mm…

Or in soon to be stardardized, Post-Brexit units:
    One gnats chuff +/- bugger all

Northwind

joebristol – Member

I was running 2.4@ mountain kings on a Mavic x329 with an internal width of 19mm and that was over the maximum tyre size quoted on the rim.

When I measured my 2.4 MKs they were almost exactly 2.2.

mountainman

I have 2.4 Trail Kings on 17mm rim .running front tubeless n rear tubed as rim would not seal for love nor money.

Feel great too and lovely hum on fresh tarmac other day .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2.35 tyre on a max 2.3 Rim’ is closed to new replies.