Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)
  • 235 posts about renaming a dead dog? Wow, reckon this'll top 1000 then!
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

As a ‘victim’ of ‘abuse’, I must say I’m not doing to badly all things considered. 😀 I just get on with my life, and don’t let such trivial matters as a bit of floppy skin what I ain’t got bother me.

One day I may write a book about my trauma and struggle…

Meanwhile, other, more important issues, went ignored, with catastrophic consequences:

molgrips
    Free Member

You have to admit though, on a purely logical level, you have no way of knowing what you are missing 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah, but then I have no way of knowing what it’s like to have female genitalia.

Or blue eyes.

I cope. Don’t ask me how, but I cope….

molgrips
    Free Member

Yep.. a funny old issue… you don’t miss what you’ve never known, but.. it’s not really fair to do it to a baby still.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

In your opinion.

molgrips
    Free Member

Natch.

Do you think it IS fair, or just not important?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Worse things happen at sea, Mol.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I feel strangely attracted to those smooth willies on pron sites though.

Takes all sorts. Used to work with a guy that was into circumcised women.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

As a ‘victim’ of ‘abuse’, I must say I’m not doing to badly all things considered. I just get on with my life

You often hear of kids that have been fiddled with saying similar before they go on to abuse.

It’s a banal comment. Like the dog tail dockers who say ‘Look at my docked dog, look how happy he is’. Righto. Look at my paraplegic mate, look how happy he is…that’s justification for making other people paraplegic is it?

yossarian
    Free Member

I can’t really see how cutting off part of a child’s penis can be considered as anything other than abuse.

I’m not trying to be insulting. I dismiss the ritual argument in the same way as I dismiss any act of abuse that has a historical precedent. I’m not well enough informed to offer an opinion on the health benefits in other countries, but honestly how many men/boys have presented to medical services in the uk with a problem that only circumcision rather than a good hygiene regime would have prevented?

Topically I was talking to a woman at my eldest sons nursery this afternoon. All of her kids are circumcised (not entirely sure why) and her eldest son has been getting bullied at school about it. She was saying that she found him sat on the loo hitting himself in the groin and shouting ‘I hate you, I hate you’ to his penis.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Cougar – Member

A quick look through shows no female (AFAIA)opinions about female circumcision

I can only assume that the post was to solicit a reaction; otherwise it’s nonsensical.

Yes, sorry – I misread one of the earlier replies.

This thread is entirely to do with male circumcision, as you rightly point out. Sorry.

Can’t say I agree with it myself, but then again I don’t have any kids (that I know of) to get all that concerned about in relation to the argument.

As far as Fred is concerned, if he says he’s not bothered about his own unrequested surgery, I think we should just accept that he’s not bothered about it and stop picking on him.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😯

philconsequence
    Free Member

close friend was circumsizzled when he was 17 and he has made it clear to anyone who’ll listen over and over and over again that sex was much better before his foreskin was stolen from him.

not something i’d want done personally. as for kids having it done before they’re old enough to make an informed choice…. my hearts saying ‘hmmm that doesn’t feel right’ but my brains saying ‘if my parents had had it done to me i would’nt be angry at all’ (if it was a religious, medical or cultural thing… if they did it as some kinda punishment for stealing my little sisters pudding then that’s a different story!)

Cougar

I think we should just accept that he’s not bothered about it and stop picking on him.

I wasn’t aware that we were picking on him per sé. I agree wholeheartedly that if he’s not bothered then fair enough, there’s little point in labouring the topic, however as I’ve read elsewhere on here today, anecdote is not the singular of evidence.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Also, if you cut off your lips, it makes it easier to brush your teeth.

😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I wasn’t aware that we were picking on him per sé.

You were being mean and nasty and horrid and I’ve bin crying for most of the day. 😥

I’m a victim here, don’t you understand??

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I see the new Respect agenda’s kicking in.

Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)

The topic ‘235 posts about renaming a dead dog? Wow, reckon this'll top 1000 then!’ is closed to new replies.