Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 137 total)
  • 235 posts about renaming a dead dog? Wow, reckon this'll top 1000 then!
  • TuckerUK
    Free Member

Why on earth has Russell Crowe had to apologise to people that harm their children? OK, yeah, apart from the fact he works in Hollywoood and it’s practised widely in the US.

BBC News Story

And if practising Jews and Muslims themselves don’t even agree on genital mutilation how on earth did he ‘offend the religion’?

Contrary to the scriptures we don’t marry 9 year olds in the civilised world any more, we don’t stone to death homosexuals any more, why do we allow people to ritualisticly deface their children?

highclimber
    Free Member

it seems that a lot of personal opinion is being misconstrued as racism/antisemitism/mysogyny etc etc these days and people now, rightly or wrongly, feel the incessant need to self-censor what they say in order to avoid upsetting the minority

yunki
    Free Member

Romper Stomper

highclimber
    Free Member

top film

McHamish
    Free Member

Never mind all that…what’s his dog called?

j_me
    Free Member

Sambo ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Darkie?

highclimber
    Free Member

Sheila

trailmonkey

he decided to insult as many groups as possible so he called it Abo Hamza

Lifer
    Free Member

Maddie

grahamh
    Free Member

Female circumcision was outlawed years ago, so why not the same ruling for boys???

mintimperial

I suspect that most of the ire directed at Crowe has arisen not because of the religious aspect of this, but because the majority of American males are circumcised. It is standard procedure for them to lop bits off their boys, irrespective of whether it is medically advisable to do so. So when Crowe says “That’s a bit messed up” 85% of US blokes think “Russell Crowe just said I’m barbaric and stupid!” and they kick off as a result. Jewish and Muslim tradition is just a handy stick to beat him with.

AdamW
    Free Member

Apparently it is a sign for the big ape sky god(s) that you are one of the ‘chosen few’ (AFAIK this is Jewish people and muslims – are there any more religions that chop bits off like that for a laff?).

Though s/he must be a right perv to demand to see your bits before you enter paradise. “Sorry, you’ve been a fantastic bloke but your tackles still intact. You’re going downstairs!”

Jamie
    Free Member

I would imagine trying to make a detailed comment about circumcision on twitter must be quite tricky, and you run the risk of your point being cut short…….what with only 140 characters to use.

highclimber
    Free Member

I personally think circumcision should only be done for medical reasons, not because its part of your religion or creed.

bigyinn
    Free Member

FWIW its a bit of a non story, although he did issue a grovelling apology the next day IIRC.
    It did make me laugh when someone said circumcision was more hygenic, to which Crowe replied, so you’ll be sewing up your @rsehole then? Top retort.

Northwind

TuckerUK – Member

Why on earth has Russell Crowe had to apologise to people that harm their children?

I presume he’d punched them?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Culturally tolerated body mutilation but hey lets tolerate it and imagine what zealous atheists would do to a baby’s face with a gay swan.

Lifer
    Free Member

A gay swan with a muslamic ray gun?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I feel strangely attracted to those smooth willies on pron sites though. 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

we don’t stone to death homosexuals any more, why do we allow people to ritualisticly deface their children?

It’s a bit rude to guys who have had to be circumcised, for whatever reason, to claim that they have been “defaced”.

I agree that it is comparable to stoning homosexuals to death though…….you’re spot on there mate.

kimbers

circumcision can reduce the risk of contracting hiv

other than that its a bit pointless really

Jamie
    Free Member

I feel strangely attracted to those smooth willies on pron sites though.

We have much to discuss!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They just look so shiny!!

trailmonkey

I feel strangely attracted to those smooth willies on pron sites though

on reflection dd, is that something that you really wanted to share

bigyinn
    Free Member

kimbers – Member

How?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

other than that its a bit pointless really

🙂

apart from the pun, in contrast to female circumcision it actually has positive effects in terms of sexual pleasure. The exposed glans becomes less sensitive and allows the circumcised guy to last longer

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The exposed glans becomes less sensitive and allows the circumcised guy to last longer

Thinking of Anne Widdecombe can have the same effect without the need for such drastic action.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

bigyinn – Member

kimbers – Member

How?

Is it due to potential sexual partners falling over laughing at the sight of a leather helmet?

I would say that circumcision would increase the likelihood of a skinned/chafed helmet therefore increasing the risk of hiv.

As for the increased sexual pleasure thing – why on earth would you want to desensitise your glans? Pelvic floor exercises would be a much better way of increasing staying power without mutilation.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

you run the risk of your point being cut short…

sniggers

kimbers

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21114567

its a pretty well established fact the why is not so sure, as i understood it antigen presenting cells only come to the surface of your skin on the undeside of the foreskin and HIV works by attacking immune system cells like apcs

TuckerUK
    Free Member

It’s a bit rude to guys who have had to be circumcised, for whatever reason, to claim that they have been “defaced”.

I see your point, but I don’t agree. Just as I don’t think it would be rude to genuine amputees to described children that have limbs removed for some sacrifice as ‘defaced’.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

apart from the pun, in contrast to female circumcision it actually has positive effects in terms of sexual pleasure. The exposed glans becomes less sensitive and allows the circumcised guy to last longer

I can last as long as I need to, so that’s that argument down the pan.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCa5u2ayevo&feature=related[/video]

Jamie
    Free Member

I wish you had linked to a vid of an actual circumcision op SBZ, at least it would be funnier.

BOOM! Take that Hale & Pace!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

on reflection dd, is that something that you really wanted to share

🙂

Ah well, too late for the edit now 😕

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

You do know that anecdote is not the singular of evidence, don’t you?

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Not sure, you hum it and I’ll join in when I can.

TheBrick
    Free Member

deface their children?

I see what you did there.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

You’re coming on to me aren’t you? Steady tiger! Not that I’m not flattered mind you, but I kinda prefer the ladies myself, nothing personal.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 137 total)

The topic ‘235 posts about renaming a dead dog? Wow, reckon this'll top 1000 then!’ is closed to new replies.