Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 22/36/bashless?
  • RestlessNative
    Free Member

any reason this shouldn’t work, using a normal front mech will the chain stay on ok? I have the mech at the height as if there is a big ring at the moment, should I drop it a little if i remove the bash?

sorry for the lack of capitals, beer related

Seamus
    Free Member

I’m currently set up 36/22 without a bashring. I left the front mech at the original height with no obvious problems. I kept the standard XT mech and 3 position shifter but have screwed it the H screw to stop accidental changes to the 3rd ring position

RestlessNative
    Free Member

Thanks, just need to get some single chainring bolts

BigJohn

You might have to move it up a little so the chainline is aligned with the recesses in the cage to stop chainrub. Keep experimenting.
    I sometimes find it overshifts and you drop the chain, but doesn’t happen a lot.

JonnyHuge
    Free Member

Instead of getting new chain bolts, you could just get a slim/light bash/chain gauard from here http://www.bbgbashguard.com/index.html

They’re not strong enough to act as true bashguards, but for the odd ‘knock’ and the convenience of just replacing the outer chain ring they’re great.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

I actually have one of those jonnyhuge, just thought I might try going unabashed for a while 🙂

Dropping the chain was my main concern on shifts, I suppose I will have to see how it goes

JonnyHuge
    Free Member

cool – ok, so I’ve not had any issues with or without bash ring/chain guide.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘22/36/bashless?’ is closed to new replies.