Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 20th June @ the Showroom Cinema in Sheffield, Seasons
    Free Member

Thought i’d let ya’ll know!

(I saw the ad on a poster in a coffee shop, but as its early doors the box office isn’t open to confirm)

jt

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Arse! I’m in London

thepodge
    Free Member

Arse! I’m in Tod

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Archaic
    Free Member

Dang I am away with the missus on our first wedding anniversary.

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmmm, i might actually be in Sheffield visiting my sister on that date.

*checks diary*

Pook

Arse.

Just saying arse for arse’s sake.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Are you sure that wasn’t the date for the showing last year?

The info I’ve got says that it is being shown on Monday night, the 15th, as part of the Sheffield Bike Week thing. It’s being shown with a couple of other short little films I think

thepodge
    Free Member

Sheffield bike thing? where when how?

matthew_h
    Free Member

Quote the info I’ve got:

Dear all,

Please find below Bike Week events that CycleSheffield (formerly PedalPushers) have had a hand in.
    We would be really pleased if as many cyclists as possible could get along next Saturday to Meersbrook Park where the Last Saturday BMX club will be putting on a display of their newly developed skills – a venture worth supporting by being there and perhaps trying some new skills yourself
    and also please support the evening of bike films (prog below) at the Showroom on Monday 15 June – we have had great support from the Showroom and if popular then we may be able to put similar events on during the year.
    if you’re interested in slow cycling or cycling chic then join us Tuesday evening in Sheffield city centre – weather permitting
    as well as joining anything else that grabs your fancy!

CycleSheffield The Sheffield Cycle Campaign

All are invited to the events below.
    For contact & event details go to
    http://www.cyclesheffield.org.uk/events
    http://www.bikeweek.org.uk
    http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/bikeweek
    Meet you there!

Sat 13 June
    13.00-15.00
    Last Saturday BMX Club
    Exciting activities, events and demonstrations of BMX and off road riding for all the family from this new BMX club. Bring your own bike to try some of your own skills out.
    Meersbrook Park

Sun 14 June
    11.00 – 16.00
    Pedalling Picnic at Forge Dam
    Bring drinks, sandwiches, children
    Devonshire Green (picking up 11.30 Bingham Park)

Mon 15 June
    20.00 – 22.00
    Cycling Movies
    ‘Seasons’ with Sheffield’s World Downhill Champion, Steve Peat. Shorts include cartoons, Monty Python, cool Japanese fixies and exhilarating alley cat racing.
    Showroom, Paternoster Row

Tue 16 June
    8.00 – 10.00
    Free Cyclists Breakfast
    Arrive by bike and claim your free breakfast & Dr Bike have your bike checked whilst at the breakfast
    Sheffield Town Hall Square

Possibly (?) Tue 16 June
    HGV driver’s point of view
    Come and sit in the cab of an HGV and see the view in the driver’s mirrors. Learn where to position yourself to see and be seen
    8.00 – 10.00
    Top of Fargate/Barkers Pool

Tue16 Jun
    CycleSheffield Stall
    10.30 – 16.30
    Everything you need to know about cycling and regular demos of how to sort out punctures, brakes and gears
    Sheffield Town Hall Square

Tue 16 June
    Tour de Sheffield
    17.30 – 19.30
    CycleSheffield invite all to explore cycle routes around the city with a guided tour. All are invited to dress in a manner that they think chic or cool or stylish, leave your hi-viz, lycra and helmet at home. Prizes for the best as judged by the fashion fascistas.
    Devonshire Green

Wed 17 June
    Grand Tour de Sheffield
    18.00 – late. Bring lights and locks
    A leisurely tour opening up the eastern loop around Sheffield. Following cycle routes from the city out to the east and then round Meadowhall to Parson Cross and Shirecliffe down to Hillsborough and back into the city along the east side of the Don.
    Finishing at the Fat Cat. 19 miles easy pace
    Barkers Pool

Fri 19 June
    18.30 – late Bring lights and locks
    Sheffield FridayNightRide – Sunset at Wincobank
    Social city ride to explore ancient woodlands through the east of the city, the pre-Roman dyke and see the sunset from Wincobank Iron Age Fort returning to visit some of Georgian Sheffield with social stops on the way. Approx. 12 miles. Celebrate the first birthday ride of Sheffield FNR.
    Barkers Pool

Sat 20 June
    Heeley (Wheelie) Festival
    Community festival with focus on cycling
    12.00 onwards
    Heeley Millennium Park

Sat 20 June
    Five Valleys Ride
    10.00 – 16.00
    Route is 65% on-road and 35% off-road (mainly tracks), suitable for Hybrids / Tourers / rugged road bikes; although the pace will be sociable (at least 2 stops – cafe /pub),the route is undulating, so a modicum of fitness is required!
    Come and see the best of Sheffield in one outing!
    Barker’s Pool, picking up at Hillsboro’ Park (outside library) between 1020-1030.

Sun 21 June
    Pedalling Picnic, Rother Valley
    Take your bikes on the tram and then cycle and picnic in the park
    10.00 – 15.00
    Cathedral Tram stop, Cathedral Square

Details also on http://www.bikeweek.org.uk and http://www.sheffield.gov.uk

thepodge
    Free Member

fount it

Bike Week 2009

13th June 2009 to 21st June 2009

Various

It gets you fit, it’s fun and free. Bike Week is the ideal time to get cycling. There are many events here in Sheffield, especially if you are thinking of getting on your bike for the first time.

Last Saturday BMX Club – Saturday 13 June (1 – 3pm in Meersbrook Park)

Pedalling Picnic at Forge Dam – Sunday 14 June – 11am at Devonshire Green.

Cycling Movies – Monday 15 June (8 – 10pm) – Showroom Cinema.

Free Cyclists Breakfast and Dr Bike – Tuesday 16 June (8 – 10am) – outside the Town Hall.

CycleSheffield Stall – Tuesday 16 June (10.30am – 4.30pm) – outside the Town Hall.

Tour de Sheffield (1) – Tuesday 16 June (5.30 – 7.30pm) – Devonshire Green. Guided city tour. Dress to impress.

Tour de Sheffield (2) – Wednesday 17 June (6pm – late) – Meet at Barkers Pool. 19 miles.

Friday Night Ride: Sunset at Wincobank – Friday 19 June (6.30pm – late) – meet at Barkers Pool. Sociable 12 mile ride.

Pedal Ready tarmac and turf ride – Saturday 20 June (10.30am – 1.30pm) – Endcliffe Park Café. Email rides@pedalready.co.uk

Heeley (Wheelie) Festival – Saturday 20 June (12 noon onwards) – Heeley Millennium Park.

Pedalling Picnic, Rother Valley – Sunday 21 June (10am – 3pm) – Cathedral Tram stop. Take bike on the tram.

Sustrans Rangers clean up – Sunday 21 June (10am – 4pm). Mass clean-up of National Cycle Network.

balls too late

cp

arse arse arse arse arse!! stuck in friggin london that day… arse

Free Member

Hmm… apologies for getting the dates wrong!

Could swear it said the showroom on the 20th, but the coffee shop wasnt supposed to be open, so was chatting to the owner while waiting for an early morning coffee and not concentrating on the poster!

Either way, another bump for some cycling in this fantastic city 😉

jt

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

does that itterarny imply bikes are now allowed on the trams?

(this may be the final nail in the coffin for my life down south)

thepodge
    Free Member

Bikes are not usually allowed on the tram, maybe its a special they are putting on just for that

finbar
    Free Member

Wot a crock. “Bike week” and not a single race.

thepodge
    Free Member

i’ll be racing down for the free breakfast

eth3er
    Free Member

Woop woop. I fraking love Sheffield.

thepodge
    Free Member

for all of you fellow Sheffield people who’ve not had a peek, check HERE also

thepodge
    Free Member

tonight @ 8.15. when i booked this morning there was more than half the seats still available.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘20th June @ the Showroom Cinema in Sheffield, Seasons’ is closed to new replies.