Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 20mm roofrack
  • Xylene
    Free Member

A while back somebody posted a link to 20mm compatible bike carrier roof racks that were pretty cheap.

Anybody know what company they wouldd have been from? I;m sure it was £69.95 or something like that.

Or any recommendations for a roof rack that can deal with a longer bike.

My current Halfords advanced ones were ok with the 100mm forks on my ’04 enduro, but with 130mm forks on it they can’t clamp the bike in properly.

honourablegeorge

Thule Proride 591 – I’ve had a Specialized Demo on it without problems.

Xylene
    Free Member

^ CHeers – just need to find them at a pallatable price then. Followed them on ebay a few times to see them ending up near shop price plus shipping on top.

How much does the distance my roof bars are apart effect length of the biker racK?

Golf Mk4

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

Used one of these in the past as it mounts in a qr mount. Plus you can rotate it to give an extra inch or two of wheelbase on your rack.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=18596

TiRed

How much does the distance my roof bars are apart effect length of the biker racK?

Very little. I used to run a Pendle tandem carrier on our VW Vento and Golf Mk 3 with no untoward effects. That rack is at least half as long again as a Thule 591.

The roofrack was a Thule-for-VW specific for the model, and I don’t know whether that was the case for a Mk 4.

Xylene
    Free Member

I’ve got the bars, but found that once I had upped the supension on my enduro it wouldn’t fit the halfords bike rack anymore.

I was contemplating a new car, but a roof rack that works it significantly cheaper

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘20mm roofrack’ is closed to new replies.