Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 20mm QR missing bit!?! Or is it?
  • jskiffin
    Free Member

Hi,

Not long bought a Spesh Pitch Comp 2011 to customise.

So I’ve got spare parts, much of which has been sold however I haven’t sold the forks yet. Included with the forks (Sektor 150mm travel) is the QR.

This is where the question lies, do all 20mm QR’s have both the tightening lever then a nipple type thing at the other (the missing bit). This one doesn’t it’s just a hollow tube that screws in, pics on the web are inconclusive.

It does appear to remain in place by simply tightening it up, then clipping the lever over. However there’s no really force required to move the lever or unscrew.

My mate wants them so want to make sure the QR is right before selling them.

Help apprciated.

Cheers,
    John.

jskiffin
    Free Member

I think the correct terminology would be the wedge nut nut appears to be missing.

Cheers,
    John.

ste_t
    Free Member

There are 2 types, maxle and maxle lite.

The newer (lite) ones are hollow and are adjusted with a hex bolt on the lever end, whereas the older ones had a nut on the other end.

billytinkle
    Free Member

There are a couple of types. The hollow tube that just screws in and then clamps at one end is much better in my opinion – and that sounds like what you have.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Ste_t is right. I have both versions, the lite looks better but if it gets a bit loose you actually have to go to the effort of getting an allen key out to tighten it.

jskiffin
    Free Member

Cheers gents, I’ll have to have a nosey when I get home and see if I can tighten it up a bit.

I thought it was a bit weird that it would be missing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘20mm QR missing bit!?! Or is it?’ is closed to new replies.