Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 20mm Maxle Lite query
  • ji
    Free Member

Looking for new forks for my 2009 Boardman FS, which came with Reba SLs (120mm travel and Maxle Lite axle). Problem is that similar forks seem pretty uncommon, so I wondered if the wheel is compatible with any 20mm bolt through fork?

(or if anyone can find any decent lightish 120mm forks with 1 1/8th steerer and 20mm maxle lite, let me know) 🙂

coatesy
    Free Member

Or look into the possibility of different adaptors for your hubs?

ji
    Free Member

Yeah thought of that, but can’t find any detail on the hubs – just listed as “Sealed bearings, 20mm front axle / Ritchey Pro Disc 32h” on the detailed spec sheet, which leads me to think that they are relatively cheap or no name ones.

Isn’t a 20mm hub, a 20mm hub?

I recently converted a 25mm Roval to 20mm with the supplied end caps – the end caps were just 20mm and not fork/axle specific – i.e. work fine with my Syntace 20mm axle

ji
    Free Member

Isn’t a 20mm hub, a 20mm hub?

That’s my question really – can I just get any 20mm fork and use it with my wheels?

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

I have some old recons with 20mm maxle if you are interested?

hamishthecat
    Free Member

A 20mm hub is a 20mm hub. Yes you can use any 20mm bolt-thru fork with that wheel.

(I’m not a doctor)

ji
    Free Member

Fasternotfatter – let me have some details and i might be interested.

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

Up for grabs I have a pair of 2010 120mm travel recon race solo air forks with 20mm maxle, motion control and rebound adjust and a 205mm 1 1/8 steerer. They are off a light bike and I rode them on the weekends only for about 8 months, no winter use, no marks on the stanchions. I replaced them with some rebas that are a lighter and more adjustable fork but the recons are just so much stiffer. I was going to stick them on here for about £80. I have a wheel with 20mm hub as well if you need a spare.

ji
    Free Member

FnF – they are a bit heavier than I was looking for, but if you would post them for that price then you have a deal – my email is in my profile for payment details etc.

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

I send you a mail later.

fasternotfatter
    Free Member

YGM

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘20mm Maxle Lite query’ is closed to new replies.