Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 20mm hubs….all work with Hope adaptors?
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I have a front wheel I use on a qr and a Maverick fork with hope’s adaptors.

It stokes me they should work on all 20mm hubs unless there are clearance/fouling issues with the flanges on the adaptors (ie the hub uses different size bearings or sealing or something).

Is this a reasonable assumption?..I want another hub but not wanting the £60 hope label.

scotroutes

The Hope hubs are recessed where the adapter and circlip sit. Wouldn’t you need a matching recess in the other hub?

alanf
    Free Member

As above, the 20mm adapters are held in by a circlip. It’s the 15mm and lower adapters that push in and are held by rubber o-rings. You would need some way of holding the adapter in place if theres no provision for a circlip.

nixie

Aren’t the maverick forks 24mm?

cokie

You might be able to run the Hope adapter without the circlip..
    Years ago I had a Halo Spindoctor(?) which I converted to 20mm using their adapters. The adapters just sat against the hub body- no o-ring or circlip. A bit of a faff getting them on as they constantly try and fall.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Both adapters I use do not need the circlips.

This is why I think they might work on another hub.

teethgrinder

Take the bearings out an dremel (carefully) a grove for the circlip.

Northwind

It depends on teh other hub, some have push-fit endcaps that go into teh bearings (exactly like a Hope QR or 15mm in fact) and there’s no guarantee the bearing ID’ll be 20mm if so. So you could find the end cap fits the hub OK but the bearing doesn’t fit the axle.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘20mm hubs….all work with Hope adaptors?’ is closed to new replies.