Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 20mm AXLE hub/fork Interface Space Issue?
  • feltmountain
    Free Member

Hi all.

When i tighten the thru axle all the way down i’m left with a gap on between the 20mm hub and the Fox 36mm fork, on one side only, the disc side is fine, see photo.

Has anyone seen this before are spacer shims available?

I don’t have another 20mm wheel to try unfortunately to see if its the same.

When i clamp down both quick releases the gap stays the same, i can push the fork lowers together and get rid of the gap, but surely the fork will be liable to some stiction because of it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

otsdr
    Free Member

The hub spacers look a bit “custom”; try measuring the OLD of the hub using a depth caliper – it should be 110mm.

nickjb
    Free Member

Had a very similar issue on my marzocchi forks although the arrangement is a bit different. They were bottoming out the thread before nipping up the hub. I just added a shim and they’ve been fine. Made the shim but I’m sure they can be bought.

feltmountain
    Free Member

Thanks all, the hub/spacers etc are just a standard Shimano XT, so dont slot into the hub, just runs strait through, just measured it comes in at 110mm, gap must be less than a 1mm, will try to make a spacer tomorrow.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Where you are saying gap is it not the axle which is black is pulling the hub axle tight towards the opposite dropout? If it is then its all ok as the hub is held tight by the fork axle tightening the hub axle on the opposite dropout then the fork is held square by the QR clamps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘20mm AXLE hub/fork Interface Space Issue?’ is closed to new replies.