Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 176 total)
  • 2018 Specialized
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Many, many interesting things to come! Some very intriguing stuff at the £1k mark on the road, especially.

This is already out in the wild, though;

The Merz edition Sequoia. Yum.

tomhoward

Harrogate concept store has one, ”tis very nice indeed, shame it’s too small for me, and I already have a standard one…

sharkattack

Just show me the 2018 Enduro 29er!

That Sequoia is nice though. Never had a bike like that but I’m planning one for my ‘mid-life, breakdown, ride around the world, crisis.’

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just show me the 2018 Enduro 29er!

My lips are sealed. Sorry! 😀

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Heard that the new Diverge is taking on the Roubaix futureshock cartridge.

Few spy shots floating around and the video that Sagan has just done with the muscle car……..

Wife has already said no……..

A

RustySpanner

I’ve never really seen the point of the Sequoia, tbh.
    Weighs pretty much the same as an AWOL, but takes narrower tyres.

Pretty bike though.
    🙂

Looking forward to seeing what they’ve got in store for the Allez personally.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

2018 Diverge, as ridden by Ned.

Silly steerer tube condom, sadly. Appears to have lost the Zerts in the seatstays, but this could just be a test mule using bits from the 2018 Tarmac (As seen under Dan Martin at the Dauphinoise). Also, looks like bigger tyre clearance.

Looking forward to seeing what they’ve got in store for the Allez personally.

Must. Say. Nothing. 🙂 (It’s impressive. Very.)

RustySpanner

You’ve got my email address sweetie.
    🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner – Member
    You’ve got my email address sweetie.

I’ll send photos.

Not bike ones. 😈

J273
    Free Member

When are we likely to see the enduro and stumpy out in the wild?

I’m looking at my next bike now and may hold out

sharkattack

My lips are sealed. Sorry!

What a buzz kill!

I was speaking to a Spesh employee last month about the Enduro 29 and he said that if I’m seriously thinking about buying one then I should wait for MY18. But he wouldn’t say a bloody word about why. Just nodding and smirking.

What the hell have they done to it?

jam-bo

hidden battery/motor

oikeith

I was speaking to a Spesh employee last month about the Enduro 29 and he said that if I’m seriously thinking about buying one then I should wait for MY18. But he wouldn’t say a bloody word about why. Just nodding and smirking.

They did quite an overhaul for 2017, I would have expected different colours and maybe components, hopefully a spesh own brand dropper with more than 125mm drop! I dont think they’d do any frame changes!

Remembering from last year, the bike was announced in August and then didnt land till September.

sharkattack

I know it was all new last year but it wouldn’t be the first time they’d moved on so soon.

If I had my way I’d lose the plus tyre compatibility. The BB seems higher than its competitors and I haven’t seen anyone praising (or using) the balloon tyre option. I’d just make it a long and low, raked out, 29 specific, race machine.

Oh, and while we’re playing the guessing game, throw in some Ohlins coil fork and shock and I’m interested. Oh, and paint it as black as the night.

crazy-legs

Any news on the Tarmac? That’s due a revamp and if they manage to get discs on it without needing stupid proprietary wheels and they’ve put bolt thru axles on it then I’d love to see it!

dragon
    Free Member

I’m sorry but that Sequoia looks awful IMO, the front end looks like its come from a completely different bike. Also IME it probably rides with all the responsiveness of a brick. Not impressed.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Also IME it probably rides with all the responsiveness of a brick

Eh? Doesn’t sound like you know what you’re talking about tbh. It’s a touring bike of sorts. Stability is the key, but I’d say mine rides like a nice rigid MTB. Which is basically what it is.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

In your experience it probably rides with all the responsiveness of a brick.

So, having experienced it, you’re still only at probably?

tomhoward

He’s demoing the brick next week.

timb34
    Free Member

Any news on the Tarmac? That’s due a revamp and if they manage to get discs on it without needing stupid proprietary wheels and they’ve put bolt thru axles on it then I’d love to see it!

Dan Martin was probably on the rim brake version last week:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/new-specialized-tarmac-spotted-at-criterium-du-dauphine/

Similar dropped chainstays to the Diverge above, but QR and not much clearance

joat

(As seen under Dan Martin at the Dauphinoise)

Racial stereotyping there Flashy? 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not intended!

🙂

chrismac

They did quite an overhaul for 2017, I would have expected different colours and maybe components, hopefully a spesh own brand dropper with more than 125mm drop! I dont think they’d do any frame changes!

This. Maybe more ohlins options

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Just saw a promo for a promo…Peter Sagan to ride the new Diverge on the 15th.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Hate to break it to you, but the Sequoia Merz is a 2017 model and has been sold out for a while.

chakaping
    Free Member

Guessing a new paintjob, longer-drop dropper and maybe Eagle GX?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ah. I thought they’d released it as a 2017.5 model!

Never mind. Here’s a Dolce (Pretty sure)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BU-A7lbFETx/

And a Diverge.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10213123489551892&set=p.10213123489551892&type=3&theater

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

MOAR Diverge.

mrblobby
    Free Member

MOAR Diverge.

Suspect someone put that eyesore on Sagan’s roof for a laugh and he’s desperate to shake it off.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Any news on the Allez DSW Sprint for 2018??

angeldust
    Free Member

Eh? Doesn’t sound like you know what you’re talking about tbh

What do you base that on, other than that he has a different opinion to yours :roll:?

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

Is this Spesh astroturfing?

tomhoward

Is this Spesh astroturfing?

Fanbois be fanning…

timb34
    Free Member

Looks interesting – up to 42mm tyres

All new Specialized Diverge drops in with Future Shock, SWAT, and a ton of options

Looks like there are different models per country on specialized.com, noprices yet though

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Also on Bikerumor, first snippets of the Allez range…..

timb34
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOiiCpzafWE[/video]

PJM1974
    Free Member

IIRC the full suss mountain bikes are usually announced during early July. As a self-confessed Spesh fanboy I’m eagerly awaiting news on whether they Specialized will be altering the geometry of the Stumpy/Camber frame for 2018. The Stumpy/Camber is two years old and didn’t really move the game on from the previous model generation aside from internal routing and SWAT on the carbon models.

Competitors are longer/lower/slacker, especially in 29er flavours.

MSP

I hope they do redo the enduro 29er for 2018, the longer lower slacker marketing for the 2017 model was not backed up when comparing the geometry figures with the previous model.

chakaping
    Free Member

They won’t redo the E29 til 2020 probably.

I agree it should have been “marginally longer” but they did put a decent HA on it at last didn’t they? Bloody hope it’s lower than the last version, but haven’t checked.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 176 total)

The topic ‘2018 Specialized’ is closed to new replies.