Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • 2018 Orange bikes now on Sunset website….
  • Goldigger
    Free Member

Chip on my shoulder? If I’ve upset you with the Audi and Santa Cruz joke, then I’m still not sorry 😛
    Nobody at the start, nobody on any part of the course and nobody waiting for a green eyed monster at the finish..

russyh
    Free Member

but I don’t see hardly any of them doing the red trails..

Perhaps they are too busy smashing the proper trails instead of the man made ‘red graded’ cycle paths the litter UK trail centres… one thing I will say is the two chaps I ride with who own Enve’ d up Cruz’ s one drives an Audi one a Vw Van both of which are proper quick riders! Both of which would hit bigger stuff than most of the people riding red trails asking where all the SC riders are!

Obviously the comment was toungue in cheek, but it does reek of jealousy. If by in large riders of the ‘superbike’ variety just spend all day riding blue trails, who cares? As long as they come back happy who’s business is it to any body? Personally I just like seeing people riding bikes and smiling. Be it a Halfords special or a carbon fandango. Snobbery or reverse snobbery is a pretty poor personality trait

tpbiker
    Free Member

No jealousy on my behalf when critising orange. Likewise, I’m all for buying what you can afford, not what suits your ability. If that was the case I’d be riding a boardman full suss and a second hand alu roadie.

Prices for Yeti frames (I have one) are far higher and even less value than those from orange. But companies like yeti and santa cruz appear to be able to build full bikes for decent (relatively) value, whereas Orange don’t.

That said, if I was in the market for a new enduro frame, i would consider the alpine. The 2012 version I tried was amazing, better than the spesh enduro I had at the time IMO, at least when going downhill

IdleJon

mildred – Member
    Whereabouts? Mines a 2016 so I think it’s the same design.

From memory, on the swingarm, diagonally up at the thickest part. Where the stays join, basically. Same place on all three.

He spends a lot of time in the air and sideways. 😆

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Chip on my shoulder? If I’ve upset you with the Audi and Santa Cruz joke, then I’m still not sorry
    Nobody at the start, nobody on any part of the course and nobody waiting for a green eyed monster at the finish..

Offended? :mrgreen: schools back tomoro, run along….

mickmcd
    Free Member

How come orange never jumped on the carbon bandwagon? is it lack of R&D budget or some other reason?

from memory the company they talked to wanted lots more money than they were happy to pay.

monostereo
    Free Member

the company they spoke to wanted more money for what? manufacturing their carbon bikes for them? Seems odd? Surely they would have spoken to more then one manufacturer?

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

I’ve got a Stage 6 & it’s the best bike I’ve owned.
    Just how Orange bikes wind up the idiots is enough to make me want to buy another.

mickmcd
    Free Member

the company they spoke to wanted more money for what? manufacturing their carbon bikes for them

Yes I believe so …. and I have no idea Who they talked with outside the Uk I don’t work for orange .Jay sat in front of me and I asked him directly

stevomcd
    Free Member

4 Alpine 160s, 2 Alpine 6’s a Stage 6 and a Segment between our guiding team over the past 2 seasons. All ridden hard in the Alps for 15 weeks, no issues whatsoever.

There were some issues with the original Alpine 160 swingarm (waaaaaay back in 2009), but that’s long-since sorted. Customer service was very good at the time.

Pat’s done 2 seasons on his 2016 Alpine, no problems.

wl
    Free Member

Goldigger – I could get the weight down (mags all have Factory weights at a couple of pounds less than mine) but I just want reliable, hence no Eagle, Hope cranks, no carbon. Bike climbs well and I can ride it all day in proper hills, and descending it’s mint. Had no issues yest with any of the kit, except the blue switch on my Float X seems to have jammed. Warranty job. Fantastic bike, but it’s a personal thing. Also, just for the record, I couldn’t care less where it was made – it’s only about performance and reliability for me.

MarcSussex
    Free Member

Anyone know when the ’18 bikes will hit the dealers? Anyone seen any out there or have any info?

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘2018 Orange bikes now on Sunset website….’ is closed to new replies.