Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • 2018 DH Team changes
  • dannyh
    Free Member

I’ve just seen Danny Hart is off of Mondraker and there have been plenty of other moves, Brannigan off of Commencal and Bulldog off of GT to name two.

Anyone know a complete list of the moves so far?

I’m a bit surprised by Hart leaving Mondraker if I’m honest – it seemed to be a bike that really suited the compact riders what with Greenland always looking good on one as well.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Rob Warner to YT. I’m not sure that really counts ha ha.

Although YTs new ‘viral’ campaign could be about a major new signing.

chakaping
    Free Member

Hart is going to Saracen apparently.

Maybe he needs a change.

I find those “x rider is leaving y brand” stories a bit annoying, as what we really wanna know is where they’re going – but instead the outgoing sponsor wants a last bite of the publicity cherry.

moonsaballoon

Hart to Saracen seems to be the big rumour , brook to mondraker also seems a common suggestion
    Trek have a gap , as do commencel and devinchi might be back with unior tools , GT have laid of a few riders to .
    Hart is the only one of the top men who seem to be on the move this year so hopefully might give him the boost to get back to that winning streak . Lewis Buchanan seems to of signed for yeti in ews news .
    Lots of info on vital forum , some good some not so

cchris2lou

I know one of the Unior tools and they are making changes next year. Don’t know where yet.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Maybe he needs a change.

Maybe he wants a pay rise ?

chakaping
    Free Member

Charlie Hatton to Trek looks likely.

Could end up their top male rider?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Hart is a right result for Saracen, have they had a winner on one of their bikes in the Men’s yet?

sillyoldman

Simmonds and Dale both had a few top ten WC results, and while not Men’s Elite right enough, they have Men’s Jnr world champ right now.

dhrider
    Free Member

Theres a fairly long thread over on Vital MTB with all the rumours and some facts too

https://www.vitalmtb.com/forums/The-Hub,2/2018-Racing-Rumors,9845

Rorschach
    Free Member

Hart to Saracen has meant dropping Simmonds/Beaumont and I’m not sure about Matt Walker.
    Charlie Hatton will get swept up quickly I reckon.
    As the EWS picks up more coverage/prestige brands will divert more £’s to that….see GT.

chakaping
    Free Member

Well Nukeproof ain’t gonna have a DH team in 2018. They’re going full enduro.

I had a feeling this might be in the offing, just from a logistics POV…
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/new-line-up-and-enduro-world-series-focus-for-team-crc-mavic-2018-team.html

BoardinBob

Bit weird/ disappointing if RC is off Canyon after hardly turning a wheel in anger with them 🙁

mindmap3
    Free Member

Hart off Mondraker surprised me given the’ve been pretty successful together – does that make Greenland their number one now?

Not really DH related, by Sam Pligrim leaving NS Bikes for Haibike caught me offguard somewhat – guessing they’re trying to make eBikes ‘cool’?

alpin
    Free Member

Sam Pligrim leaving NS Bikes for Haibike caught me offguard somewhat – guessing they’re trying to make eBikes ‘cool’?

He sold his soul.

mindmap3
    Free Member

He sold his soul.

It does feel a bit like that given that Haibike have no real connection to DJ / Slopestyle bikes. It’s not something that I can see lasting all that long.

chakaping
    Free Member

He sold his soul.

Bit harsh innit? Can’t be easy to earn a decent living as a pro MTBer and careers don’t usually last beyond their 30s.

jam-bo

hang on a minute….

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Looks like Lewis Buchanan is on yeti, and I believe Charlie hatton is on Atherton racing.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Pilgrim does’nt really do slopestyle anymore,just youtube vlog/clickbaity stuff.Haibike will pay the bills for a few years more.
    Given that Hart has left every team he’s ever ridden for under a cloud ,it’s not too surprising.
    Last year of TWR/Athertons,will be interesting what happens afterwards.Good signing for both sides.

moonsaballoon

CRC nukeproof to concentrate on ews so mike jones on the move , makes sense when you have Sam Hill as a rider I suppose . Be interesting to see if any other manufacturers follow

alpin
    Free Member

makes sense when EWS is more representative of the riding that the majority of weekend warriors ride and [/i] you have Sam Hill as a rider showing what can be done on an enduro bike, I suppose

FTFY…. Even added a comma before “I suppose” 😉

daviek

Story on Pinkbike finally confirming that Danny Hart is moving to Saracen

dirkpitt74

[video]https://youtu.be/FvQ8SFSwv0k[/video]

Watch the video right to the end – class!

nickc

From the Vital Thread…

Dave Jenvey to stay with Orange

😆

mahalo

What’s hapoened to Simmonds then ?

fingerbang
    Free Member

What’s hapoened to Simmonds then ?”

Im intrigued. He’s had a factory ride for over ten years as much for his attitude as results. And when he won qualifying was it 2016?, His wc results seemed to be picking up.

He does coaching doesn’t he so I can see him doing a Cathro, who iirc had some great WC results (la bresse) just before he turned it in

BoardinBob

Looks like Ruriadh Cunningham will be on Santa Cruz.

Spied him riding one today…

Rorschach
    Free Member

Looks like Ruriadh Cunningham will be on a Santa Cruz.

km79
    Free Member

I thought I read somewhere he was off to join Trek as part of their enduro team.

BoardinBob

Rorschach – Member
    Looks like Ruriadh Cunningham will be on a Santa Cruz.

Check the comments 😉

plecostomus
    Free Member

Brook back to Spain
    George Brannigan to Good times
    Charlie Hatton to a big a red team
    A uk rider is on Unno
    A former Saracen rider to a new team not on DH
    Some more riders retiring some big names haven’t got teams yet and won’t as there’s no spots left

Next week will bring more news press release central

conkers
    Free Member

I hope that means Matt Simmonds back to CRC. He’s too good a rider to be left on the shelf.

RickDraper
    Free Member

I hope that means Matt Simmonds back to CRC. He’s too good a rider to be left on the shelf.

CRC have withdrawn from DH racing.

conkers
    Free Member

Yup. Reread Plecostomus post.

dirkpitt74

Good interview with Danny Hart HERE.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Brook back to Mondraker and Mike Jones joing too.

dirkpitt74

Charlie Hatton has moved to Trek.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not DH but Keegan Wright off Spec and off to Devinci
    https://www.pinkbike.com/news/devinci-announces-oton-wright-2018-ews-riders.html
    He was racing for NZ in the Worlds and is the current NZ DH champ, as the PB article says he is 21 I reckon he would have been about 16 when I sat chatting to the kid waiting for the Shuttle after lunch as he was keen to get over to Cairns for the WC and see the world. Didn’t bother trying to follow him…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘2018 DH Team changes’ is closed to new replies.