• This topic has 503 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by matts.
Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 504 total)
  • 2017 TT'ing thread
  • crosshair
    Free Member

Wowzers! Kudos for carrying on and finishing- you’d have smashed it without your crash!

DFaffMaster

Respect! Worth it for that photo. Bloody top ride …oops!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Had to pull out of the Blazing Saddles 50 yesterday. Hoping to at least have some energy back for the Reading 25 at weekend!

I’ll warn you that I am entered for this so fully expect it to be cancelled at the last minute.

bjj.andy.w, great photo threre.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    matts
    Free Member

That skinsuit doesn’t look very aero.

*shudders*

Heal fast.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Christ. Heal up. Took me three attempts to get under sub 4 – missed it by 11s and then 50s!

National 100 on Sunday. Feel knackered at the moment, hope I find something.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Ouch! That looks sore! No 100s for me, but hoping to find a decent 50 to replace the one that was cancelled last week. 25 spoco this weekend but it’s looking like I’ll miss the club TT on Thursday due to a lack of transport (it’s not far to ride out but there is a hill on the way back that is a bit too challenging for the gears on my TT bike!)

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

a decent 50 to replace the one that was cancelled last week

Your best bet will be the Reading CC event on the 23rd of July

Jamz
    Free Member

Saw that photo on Facebook – absolute nuttter, fair play!! 😀

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Jamz – Member
    Saw that photo on Facebook – absolute nuttter, fair play!!

Cheers ! I’m now more stiff than the national stiff champion on national stiff day 😀
    Just pissed it happened, really wanted to go under 4hrs. Hope I recover as soon as possible, I need to do a 50mile and a 12hr for the BBAR 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Well felt like the start of my season on H10/1 last night. Happened across GCN getting some TT tips from Taylor Phinney earlier in the day…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STj894Ex2Z8[/video]

Didn’t think there was much to it at the time but a couple of simple things stuck in my mind about the way I wanted to ride and were in my mind last night. So thanks Taylor for the win and a course PB 😀

crosshair
    Free Member

Awesome job- great ride. Really pleased for you!

It’s funny how a little hint or tip you stubble across can focus your mind isn’t it!

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Well done on the PB and win, great result. Gotta love Taylor Phinney, just a really cool dude 8) 😀

matts
    Free Member

Great job on the win!

All I could think when I watched that video was: Man, keep away from drugs kids.

jb89
    Free Member

Good work MrBlobby! Beating Harri by nearly 30s is no mean feat, he’s flying this year!

TiRed

Congratulations MrB. Thinking about doing the Hounslow 10 tonight on the (now electronic) bike. BUt I’m dead from the non-TT vets race last night, where I basically tried (and failed) to blow the race apart. Average HR was 171, with the first 11 laps averaging 176. Thats a 10 TT pace. You have to try 😉

Anyway, here’s the nice vintage steel and eTap:

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thanks chaps. Yes, been seeing Harri’s going really quick this year. Think you got a good thing going at DPCC, good group of racers and some quality training rides.

All I could think when I watched that video was: Man, keep away from drugs kids.

Do like his style 🙂 Whenever I’ve not raced in a while I tend to forget that it’s about riding the course fast, not riding to some power target. A timely reminder from Taylor.

Anyway, here’s the nice vintage steel and eTap:

Nice that TiRed. Love the DA cranks. Would look better 1x though 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Good work MrB!

I did a similar time and a PB on H10/181 last night. Mark Jones did a CR 18:52 😯

jb89
    Free Member

Incredible! Never ridden the H10/181 very well, I always push too hard up the drag and blow. Usually a horrid west wind contributes! Last night would have been great conditions I imagine!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yep, I think Mark improved by about 18 secs over his previous best on there.

I don’t think I took full advantage of the conditions if I’m honest, 3 road races in the previous 4 days… yadda yadda.

TiRed

Would look better 1x though

Some of us don’t mash our way up hills! You wouldn’t want 1×11 on the climb after Drift Road. Still fettling the front derailleur adjustment. And yes, the 7400 cranks are beautiful aren’t they – that’s why I’m not going for a Quark PM!

mrblobby
    Free Member

I did a similar time and a PB on H10/181 last night. Mark Jones did a CR 18:52

Only ridden it once but do like H10/181. A fast course in good conditions. 18:52 is still very rapid indeed.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

You wouldn’t want 1×11 on the climb after Drift Road.

I’ve bashed up there on 100″ plenty of times, I’m sure you’d manage on 54/11

TiRed

Have you seen my chicken legs? There is “manage” and there is going under the hour. I’m in the latter camp, having done it twice in our last two events. Looking for a long 56 next time. I need to spin to get the power down.

jb89
    Free Member

Picked up an older Hed Jet Disc last night! Hoping it will be sliiightly more aero than the 30mm wheel it replaces! 😀

Just need a front wheel now, and I’ll be starting to run out of equipment excuses! 😛

Tired legs from the club 10 last night (1st! :D), going to eat lots of chips today in hope of being recovered for tomorrow’s 25! 😀

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nice work jb.

going to eat lots of chips today in hope of being recovered for tomorrow’s 25!

Early start number for me, I’ll be tucking into the tea and cake before you’ve even finished 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Jb, getting my excuses in early, sore hamstrings for today’s 25 from the parents relay at my boys sports day. I only ran 60 metres 😳 Couldn’t let my boy down and sit it out though.

(We did win BTW, but can’t take any credit as we had such a lead by the time I went that I could have walked it and won!)

crosshair
    Free Member

A win’s a win, take it 😆 Good luck later!!!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Crosshair, not on Strava so doesn’t count 🙂

crosshair
    Free Member

#shouldhavetookyourGarmin 🙄 😆

mrblobby
    Free Member

Parents race cost me second place!

Good to meet a real life forum member too who scooped the team prize.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Ugh just heard about the accident at the VTTA national 25. Hope the rider is ok. Never ridden the E2 but it sounds like it should be a pretty safe one 🙁

epicsteve
    Free Member

For some reason all our club 10 mile TT’s seem to be hilly ones. Any advice on 10 mile TT’s in the London/Essex area I might be able to break 30 minutes on because that ain’t happening on our courses!

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Ugh just heard about the accident at the VTTA national 25. Hope the rider is ok. Never ridden the E2 but it sounds like it should be a pretty safe one

Seems to be so many incidents this season.

jb89
    Free Member

Yeah good to meet you properly MrBlobby! And a good day for us both! 😀

2 minute PB for me, despite losing c. 35s taking the wrong turn at one of the turns! 8th place and we wont the team prize! Magic disc wheel I think! Nice to get a top 10 in an event with a decent turnout! (Though I still count the ones where like 25 people enter! :P)

Did some intervals last night and managed 4 x 5mins at 285w, whilst nearly exploding! Considering I was doing 350w for 12 mins last month, my suspicions of PM under reading are confirmed I suspect! Time to splash out on a ridiculously priced service from SRM 🙁

mrblobby
    Free Member

Was a good day. Funny how some races someone comes along and just seems to be in a completely different race to everyone else. Chris Bartley’s 49:12 was a huge ride considering the course record was a short 50.

Not riding Southmoor at the weekend? Just had a look at the start sheet, not much chance of a sneaky podium there!

Anyone doing the VTTA on F11/10 midweek? Looking forward to a crack at that course, not ridden it in a couple of years.

jb89
    Free Member

Yeah, a crazy time! Though surely being a Olympic medalist is worth 4 minutes!

Nah I’m not a massive fan of Southmoor, plus we’ve got the Club 10 next week. Could do with a couple of longer rides at weekend too, so figured I’d have a weekend off.

F15/10 and the H10/22 the weekend after so hoping to be sharp for them! Outside chance of a potential PB I think, as new found disc gains may outweigh the course gains from the F11…possibly.

TiRed

Westerley 10.3 TT this evening at Hillingdon. Rode 25:13 as a warm up and to check my Powerpod. Had a cup of tea and a 30 minute break. Raced to 22:42 and the win with 312 Watts. The eTap and new extensions are an absolute revelation. Feels like cheating. Now need to enter some more open events.

Steel bikes can be fast too 😆 . Might be faster with the new fork, my new aerosox, Bell Javelin helmet, disc wheel and nicer shoes. More watts to be found, but I need 330 to break 22 minutes.

I ought to ride Southmoor. I lived there for 15 years and can have breakfast with my friends.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

congrats on the win TiRed.

jb89
    Free Member

Good work TiRed!

Swindon Road Club 10 for me tonight, discovered they run one weekly near work so thought I’d give it a go for a change. I think it’s the U48 course, all will be revealed later I guess!

TiRed

HDW10 tonight on Chobham Common. First race on the road with eTap and I will need the inner ring for teh last climb. Of course in my dash to leave and swap wheels, I left both speed sensor for the powerpod and heart rate monitor at home. Will be on feel. But a course I know well.

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘2017 TT'ing thread’ is closed to new replies.