Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 2017 transit custom limited vs transporter T6?
  • Paul-j

So then, looking to buy a new van.
    Half the people I know are all saying T6, half custom limited.
    I my self am swaying to the custom,just seems much better value for money.
    Don’t get me wrong transporter are lovely vans, but are they really worth the money for not very much?

Real world reviews are needed/ words of wisdom.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Reviews will be pointless, as no one will have owned both, all you’ll get is polar oppo views from lovers and haters. I have a T5, and I do like it, but are they worth what you pay for them? I think not.

I’d have bought a transit custom, but they were not long out when I bought, so still a bit above my budget, and were all white.

Buy what you fancy.

Paul-j

Pretty sure it will be the custom, Just wondered if there was anything ive over looked.

From what I’ve seen just seems better all round.

gfrew88
    Free Member

driven a T6 and a transit both good vans. Have owned a custom for over 3 years and I really like it although the finish/paintwork isn’t VW standard.
    Can get the highest spec transit for a fraction of the cost thats what swayed it for me. New auto gearbox is coming out also.

ton

driven both for a while. transit every time for me.
    our last one at work was running sweet at 260,000k miles.
    we sold it for a sodding crap crafter.

Paul-j

I think maybe in the hayday, the transporter was the mutts nuts. But I think every one else has caught up now.

cozz
    Free Member

transit custom sport 170bhp

mark90
    Free Member

As a T5 owner I say get a Transit Custom, I would.

jezzep

Hiya,

Have you looked at the vivaro or Renault trafic there is now a Nissan version with 5 years warranty? I have a mark 3 Renault trafic campervan. I’ve been really impressed with it 11k miles so far no real problems…

Br
    JeZ

mos

A mate has a custom and seems to think it’s limited to 99mph, from what I can tell the t5 erm, isn’t. But don’t ask me how I know.

sharkattack

I’m a T5 owner and I’d go for the Transit.

But seriously, have you test driven both? I hope you would before you drop that much cash on anything. Then you can make your own mind up.

Bare in mind the Transit will slowly depreciate to zero quid, where in a few years the T6 will still be obscenely expensive. This may or may not bother you.

I think maybe in the hayday, the transporter was the mutts nuts. But I think every one else has caught up now.

This.

EDIt:

A mate has a custom and seems to think it’s limited to 99mph, from what I can tell the t5 erm, isn’t

All the new Transit engines are identical. The different power levels are set by software and they’ve all got loads in reserve. Visit an expert with a rolling road like Pendle and they’ll give it the optimal set up.

bedmaker

I’ve just been through this.

I wanted –

Auto, twin side doors, tailgate, air con, black.

Transporter Highline with options – £34K
    Transit Custom £25K
    Peugeot Expert £23K

These are actual quoted prices from the dealer, not list prices.

I tested them all, not in auto as the dealers didn’t have demos with auto.
    They are all really nice to drive, so much more refined than vans of yore. The Transit I thought had a slight edge on the other two.

I ended up going for the Peugeot though, the price above also includes Grip Control, which should be a properly useful addition from time to time. The auto version is also only available with 180bhp. I’d be happy enough with 130 but the extra power is always a bonus.

The well known VW resale value would make sense if the van is being kept for ten years, by which time the Pug will be worth peanuts. I’m only keeping for five max so the VW still ends up costing a good chunk more.

jim25

I’m a custom limited owner, 5 years old now and no problems at all from one of the first ones sold nearly.
    Bear in mind the new Ford engines (and probably the vw as well) will have the new euro 6 engine which require you fill up the extra urea tank with a blue mix aswell now.
    That’s the only thing putting me off chopping mine in for a new van this Year.

5plusn8
    Free Member

I rented one of these the other day, the Transit custom, crewcab, swb. It was not limited to 99mph. I have not driven a T5 though so I cannot compare, bit I was left drooling after returning the transit.

snownrock

OP you may have seen this thread already.

thread

We went through a similar decision process before Xmas, but a minibus for us. Went with the tourneo (custom) and couldn’t be happier. There’s some useful feedback from transit owners in there. Hope it helps.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘2017 transit custom limited vs transporter T6?’ is closed to new replies.