Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2017 stache
  • lexhorton
    Free Member

anyone got a version of the stache with rockshox? or the manitou, just not rigid?
    OR
    had a plus size stache and realised it was’nt right of them for some reason?

been posting a bit lately about my (assumed) need for suspension on a 29+ bike die to wrist issue.
    I like the 29+ format for what i do but riding a rigid and its not right for me (choppy bridleways arent very oregon and get the front end super jumpy).

So thinking a stache could be the right move but they seem next to impossible to demo or view in the flesh. I’ve read favourable reviews in ST and lots of opinion all over the inter webs but i’m interested in whats not cool about these bikes, or the combination of 29+ and suspension for that matter.

i don’t care about the skipping single speed issue, but i do care about maintenance problems or other funkiness that this bike could have in store for me.

thanks!

fd3chris
    Free Member

I had a Stache 7 for quite a while and Strava tells me I rode it more than all my other bikes by far. The geo suited me buy I did end up running 650b plus wheels in it and the 29plus hardly ever came out then. Headsets are a weak spot but other than that it was/is an excellent bike.

ton

Alex, look at my ad on classifieds.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Hands up…..

Went from this:

To this

The manitou magnum pro forks are superb… I would even say better damping than my pikes I had on the full squish. Which incidentally I sold after getting the stache. It’s a really fun bike and made even better with the front end squish.

I liked the rigid forks but the uncontrolled rebound during fast front wheel hits was a little unnerving and always felt like I was two seconds away from being on my side. The forks tame the large front wheel and plant it onto the ground.

That bike ton is selling looks mint BTW

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Oh and you are welcome to have a spin on mine if you are anywhere near swinley forest (berks).

Daffy

My Stache also has the Magnum Pro forks – they’re ace.

I had 3 hard tails at the time, 2 of them were Ti 29ers…when I had to reduce, I kept the Stache.

lexhorton
    Free Member

Thanks don, I’m not over that way but the info on the manitous, particularly comparison to pikes is valuable.

Ton, thanks for the heads up, is need a bigger size unfortunately

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2017 stache’ is closed to new replies.