• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by thv3.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 2017 Nukeproof Mega's? Release date and price increases?
  • mancian
    Free Member

Hi.

Been looking at 2016 Mega’s and have now noticed that a lot of places have reduced their prices by around 10%. I presume this is due to the 2017 models being around the corner.

Does anyone know when the 2017 models will be out and will the prices be increase?

I presume the only change will be colours and spec?

Just thinking wether to get a 2016 model now at a reduced price.

plecostomus
    Free Member

I believe they will be going up as per pretty much all bike stuff shimano for example has gone up 10-20%

ChrisL

I’m liking my ’16 Mega 290. 🙂 Also, some 2016 models and sizes took a long time to arrive and arrived in small numbers so depending on what you want you may have a long wait for the 2017 model. Then again, they’ll probably be the ones that have already sold out for 2016.

mancian
    Free Member

My plan was to save and save and but a new bike around March 2017.

My concern is by then that everything will be a lot more expensive and waiting will backfire on me.

Bike active have some great prices at the mo on Mega’s but I don’t want to buy a 2016 model and then the 2017 changes loads.

I’m also wondering if they will be reduced more at Xmas ready for the 2017 models.

How you finding the 29er ChrisL. I can’t decide if I want a 275 or 290. Think I’ll need a demo day.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Lolz….Brexit

cooie

I have a 290.l took it to the Alps last month,bloody awesome bike, 150 rear 160 front, eats up anything!

Northwind

mancian – Member

How you finding the 29er ChrisL

Easily- it’s enormous and yellow.

LOLOLOL. ol.

ChrisL

mancian – Member
    How you finding the 29er ChrisL. I can’t decide if I want a 275 or 290. Think I’ll need a demo day.

I had short demos of both the 275 and the 290, followed by a longer demo on the 290. The 275 seemed like a good bike but personally it didn’t excite me much. I found the 290 more confident and fun. I am pretty tall (at least 6’3″) and have an XL, so my 29er also looks far more like a normal bike than a smaller wheeled bike with the same size frame. 🙂

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The 275 is a great bike as well – my dad has one. In comparison to my Giant Reign it is:

* As long in the reach, as slack, but has a steeper seating position.

* Livelier and more supportive rear suspension at the expense of being less plush, this gives it more pop and less of a downhill sat in feel in comparison to my Reign – which can feel dead.

* Slightly higher BB – again a positive I think – it tips into corners quicker and responds to being pumped through corners and kickers better.

* The frame utterly oozes feedback in regards to grip levels when the bike is leant over – it’s very confidence inspiring in a corner despite riding higher than my Reign.

This comparison was done on the basis of it being equipped with it’s standard monarch – but it looks utterly killer with a coil…..like a mini Nukeproof Pulse (haven’t ridden it yet and you have to run it the wrong way round – it does feel more supportive in the car park though)

thv3
    Free Member

Any news out the on the 2017 Nukeproof line up yet?

thepodge
    Free Member
    thv3
    Free Member

😳

Erm, cheers…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘2017 Nukeproof Mega's? Release date and price increases?’ is closed to new replies.