Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • 2016 Specialized enduro comp
  • tweedviper
    Free Member

Hi all, currently riding a 2015 Specialized Enduro 650b comp which I have really enjoyed riding kitted out with 2016 RTC3 forks, currently weiging in at 29 lbs (on my scales) but went into my local bike shop today and almost bought a 2016 Enduro comp 29er! My questions are, how different is the 29er compared to the 27.5 and can anyone tell me how much it weighs? I have tried researching online but to no avail.
    I am also doing figures to work out how much it is going to cost me, how much would I get for my 2015 Enduro comp 650b with nearly new 2016 RCT3 forks, the bike is in almost new condition as I am fastidious about cleaning and maintaining.

Your constructive thoughts will be gratefully received

BoardinBob

No input on the 29er but would be interested to know how tall you are and what size 650b enduro you’re riding?

tweedviper
    Free Member

Hi BoardinBob

I am 6ft 1 ish and have the large Enduro 650b

spower3
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a brand new 2015 Specialized Enduro Comp for £1350 (private seller but never ridden/setup.) I certainly feel like I got a damn good deal but some of the nearly new bikes I’ve seen going for cheap is scary! 1500-1800 seem so o be the price range for the Enduro’s I’ve see for sale?
    @BiB I’m 6ft and got a medium and fits me perfect! Feels pretty much the same size as my 18″ Five I had before that. Although I am all legs and small torso 🙄

tweedviper
    Free Member

spower3 That is a Fantasic deal for a brand new one well done, has it still got the 2015 (blue decals) forks? if so keep a close eye on them and as soon as they start creaking warranty them for the 2016 RCT3 version

rickon
    Free Member

I’ve ridden a tiny amount of the 29er, Uphill. And own a 2015 Enduro 650b.

The fit felt incredibly similar, which it should do as the geometry is almost identical.

It’ll be smoother and hold a line better, but will be a tiny bit less nimble. You’ll adjust.

What don’t you like about the 650b that you think the 29er will solve? Or are you thinking about having both?

If I were to have two, I’d get a Stumpy 29er, so a shorter travel 29er to go with the Enduro.

I’d definitely buy a 2015 rather than a 2016 model.

[Img]http://twentynineinches.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/DSC07013.jpg[/img]

spower3
    Free Member

Yeah that’s the model I’ve got. Thanks for the heads up Tweedviper, I’ll keep an eye and ear out for the forks 🙂

br
    Free Member

I am also doing figures to work out how much it is going to cost me, how much would I get for my 2015 Enduro comp 650b with nearly new 2016 RCT3 forks, the bike is in almost new condition as I am fastidious about cleaning and maintaining.

Whether it will sell could be the question, based on the 2 Spesh’s that’ve been a pretty constant feature of the classifieds over the last month or so.

br
    Free Member

29 lbs (on my scales) but went into my local bike shop today and almost bought a 2016 Enduro comp 29er! My questions are, how different is the 29er compared to the 27.5 and can anyone tell me how much it weighs?

Take your scales to the shop?

tweedviper
    Free Member

rickon..What don’t you like about the 650b that you think the 29er will solve? Or are you thinking about having both?

Not trying to solve anything by getting the 29er, I really like the 2015 Enduro 27.5 really fast and nimble and has made me much quicker up and down.
    If I am totally honest (and I know I will get beasted for it) I really like the colour of the 2016, and thought I might try the 29er for a change.

TweedViper if you are near Peebles (that’s a guess based on your username) drop me a mail. I’ve a 29 enduro in large you can have a blast on to try.

tweedviper
    Free Member

CokeItUpAndWatchItSmoke

That is mighty kind of you but I am in Gloucestershire so a bit far.
    I have found someone local who has said I can have a go on theirs but thanks again that is a very nice offer.

brown1234
    Free Member

tweedviper – Member
    Hi BoardinBob

^^^^^^

How does the Large fit you ? Is the reach ok ? Debating on ordering a Specialized Enduro 650b tomorrow, its on from Tredz and i cant really test it for size.

The specialized is pretty small compared to other large bikes ive been looking at, e.g Merida 160, Capra Al Kona etc.

Thanks

hambl90
    Free Member

I’m interested to know the weight of the 29er also , been thinking of getting a 2nd hand one but worried it might be to heavy for some of my riding my riding.

kirky72
    Free Member

Mines 28.5lb, medium expert 29. Got the slightly heavier monarch plus shock magic Mary and hams damf snakeskin tyres on so skinnier tyres may get it to 28lb.

For sale on the classifieds at the moment as I feel it’s just too much bike and wallows a bit when cruising. Kills the downs and handles great though.

Also feels a little bit big for me after riding my scout.

tweedviper
    Free Member

Hi brown1234

Re ; How does the Large fit you ? Is the reach ok ? Debating on ordering a Specialized Enduro 650b tomorrow, its on from Tredz and i cant really test it for size.

For £1,881.30 that is a lot of bike, size wise it fits me perfectly, the reach is fine although I have kept the original stem I know some riders go for a shorter one, I have the saddle placed roughly in the middle, and all in all it feels great.

I wouldn’t even be considering changing bikes if the little 29er devil hadn’t started whispering in my ear! (I am still yet to ride one so may not be selling mine)

The only things I didn’t like from standard were, the stock brakes in my opinion are poor (Shimano Deore BR-M615) I swapped mine after two rides with some Guide RS’s which are flippin ace, I am 17 stone so I need brakes that will do the job.

My 2015 Pikes developed a creak from the csu (apparently common on the 2015 model) but were replaced under warranty for some 2016 RCT3 Pikes which have been perfect. (Fantastic service from my lbs)

Also the standard cassette and front ring combo, 11/36 and 30t makes hard work on climbs, this could be that I am a chubby bugger that rides in the Cotswolds and isn’t fit enough, I had to buy an expander ring after my first ride, but with a Hope 40T it climbs fine.

So do take these points into consideration when spending your hard earned, or buy mine that is in almost new condition, already has the upgraded forks and a KS dropper post, has the Hope expander and probably shouldn’t even be thinking of selling but ooh that 2016 Satin black is lush

brown1234
    Free Member

tweedviper

Re ; How does the Large fit you ? Is the reach ok ? Debating on ordering a Specialized Enduro 650b tomorrow, its on from Tredz and i cant really test it for size.

For £1,881.30 that is a lot of bike, size wise it fits me perfectly, the reach is fine although I have kept the original stem I know some riders go for a shorter one, I have the saddle placed roughly in the middle, and all in all it feels great.

I wouldn’t even be considering changing bikes if the little 29er devil hadn’t started whispering in my ear! (I am still yet to ride one so may not be selling mine)

The only things I didn’t like from standard were, the stock brakes in my opinion are poor (Shimano Deore BR-M615) I swapped mine after two rides with some Guide RS’s which are flippin ace, I am 17 stone so I need brakes that will do the job.

My 2015 Pikes developed a creak from the csu (apparently common on the 2015 model) but were replaced under warranty for some 2016 RCT3 Pikes which have been perfect. (Fantastic service from my lbs)

Also the standard cassette and front ring combo, 11/36 and 30t makes hard work on climbs, this could be that I am a chubby bugger that rides in the Cotswolds and isn’t fit enough, I had to buy an expander ring after my first ride, but with a Hope 40T it climbs fine.

So do take these points into consideration when spending your hard earned, or buy mine that is in almost new condition, already has the upgraded forks and a KS dropper post, has the Hope expander and probably shouldn’t even be thinking of selling but ooh that 2016 Satin black is lush

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hi

Yeah ive been reading a few post of people complaining about the Deore brakes. I do however have some XT ones which i could switch. Also the dropper would be good to have but my current bike does not have one so i wouldnt miss one.

I have a coupon which i could use and end up getting it for £1681. Ive been debating it all week, read brilliant reviews just the trouble with buying online is that you cant see it. There are local bikes shops with the 2016 models in.

Where is your bike advertised ?

tweedviper
    Free Member

Hi brown1234

RE dropper once you have had (a good) one you will wonder how you ever managed without one, I have two just in case one needs a service.

As for brakes, I know some people love the Shimano style and if you like the xt you may like the 615’s, I just found them very on or off with no feel to them, but then I am a heavy lunker which may make a difference.

My bike isn’t advertised anywhere as I am not sure I can bring myself to sell it yet.

Where are you based ?

rickon
    Free Member

I’m 5’11 on a large 650b, and it’s spot on for me with a 35mm stem, I’ve run it with a 50mm stem and it did feel a bit long. So I’d assume that *generally* if you’re 6’1″ it’d be fine – any more than that and you’d be better off on the 29er XL.

mikeep
    Free Member

If you are going to go for a 29er of any sort, I’d recommend getting some carbon rims. Big hoops flex a fair bit.

I’ve had my E29 for about 8 months now and love it. It’s a big bruiser of a bike and needs to be pushed hard to make the most out of it. Pretty nimble tho which always amazes me.

If I didn’t race ‘nduro, I’d have something like a stumpy TBH.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘2016 Specialized enduro comp’ is closed to new replies.