Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2016 Giant Reign Advanced 0
  • edward2000
    Free Member

Anybody own this bike? Any reasons why I shouldn’t buy one? The things which concern me are, only available in medium – in 6ft 1. But the geometry seems to work for me. The offset fork – I would swap this out for a lyric, much resale value for a fork with a non standard offset? And is the shock size 200 x 57 as I would use a Float X2

Any reviews/comments welcome

(Coming from an evil insurgent, which I think is broken. Again)

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

It’d be too small for you.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I’m 181cm, I ride a large – I highly recommend you do as well. Do yourself a favour and purchase the 2018 Aluminium one for the same price – in the right size.

The aluminium one rides really nicely and isn’t much heavier than the carbon one – Giant make the lightest aluminium enduro frames – and they don’t feel like coke cans whilst they are also pretty stiff.

The older ones are 200×57, the newer ones are metric.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Definitely too small for you. I’m the same height as you and rode a large. The stack is low on the bike anyway, so will be really low on a medium at your height.

Great bike though – really liked mine.

mattherby
    Free Member

I’m 5ft 11 and ride a large advantage 1, I’d say a medium is too small too.

Saying that if you like it then who are we to judge, BUT try a large and a medium just to see for yourself.

edward2000
    Free Member

There’s a 17 reign 1 version available in large so that’s the same frame as the 16 reign 0 except it’s alu not plastic as far as I’m aware. I think that may be suitable instead

I go away on Friday on a winter mtb holiday so there’s a bit of a panic on!

mattherby
    Free Member

Well my plastic Reign is doing ok, whatever frame material it is make sure it fits.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2016 Giant Reign Advanced 0’ is closed to new replies.