Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2016 Fox float evol shock ?
  • xcracer1
    Free Member

Does anyone have one of these and how do you find them? I cannot tell much difference when its on the medium and open setting.

Anyone else have any experience on these?

zelak999
    Free Member

Takes a bit of setting up.
    You need to pump the shock up to 100 psi then cycle the shock about 25% of the travel for about 10 times the charge the negative chamber. Then pump up to get your 25/30% sag.
    Mine is fairly stiff on medium setting compared to the open setting. Definitely noticeably stiffer.

xcracer1
    Free Member

Thanks. I followed the pumping up every 50psi and cycling the shock.

I cannot tell the difference between the medium and open setting though. Maybe time to strip it and send it to mojo to look at.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    karlp

I think mine is same shock (on a 2017 Whyte t130).
    If you leave the shock pump attached you can see the pressure equalise ie pressure reduces as you cycle the suspension up and down a few times.
    Not sure about difference between open and middle but can def tell when on firm it’s like a lock out on mine.

xcracer1
    Free Member

Mine is on a 2016 whyte 129rs. I can definately tell its on the firm setting as it locks out.

Its just the medium and open setting.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Let all the air out first and the repeat above, same on all platform fox shocks

xcracer1
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses.

Tried letting the air out tonight and pumping up every 50psi and cycling the shock 20 times. Still cannot tell the difference between the medium and open mode. So I have taken the shock off and am going to send it into mojo tomorrow under warranty.

Ill update this thread when I get it back.

zelak999
    Free Member

That’s weird, has the shock been like that since new op?

xcracer1
    Free Member

I havent had the bike long. it has been like that since i got it but i just assumed it was fine/normal. However have recently been reading articles that says the medium setting should be stiffer than what im getting.

Its off back to mojo tomorrow.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2016 Fox float evol shock ?’ is closed to new replies.