Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • 2015 World Cup DH Calendar revealed
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Seven rounds, no PMB thankfully, Val di Sole back (hooray!) and two new tracks…

DH1 April 11-12 – Lourdes (France)
    DH2 June 6-7 – Fort William (Great Britain)
    DH3 June 13-14 – Leogang (Austria)
    DH4 July 4-5 – Lenzerheide (Switzerland)
    DH5 August 1-2 – Mont-Sainte-Anne (Canada)
    DH6 August 8-9 – Windham (United States)
    DH7 August 22-23 – Val di Sole (Italy)

ska-49
    Free Member

Looks good! Shame they got rid of SA though. The long pedal mixed up the results.

chakaping
    Free Member
    chakaping
    Free Member

Hope this ain’t the track they’ll be using at Lenzerheide…
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=728uPA0BmSY[/video]

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Shame Oz and NZ missed out Hobart and Roto were touted as venues

scruff
    Free Member

Never heard of Lenzereide before, but I guess thats the idea. Wheres the Champs going to be?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thanks OP

Glad to see Lenzerheide get some coverage. Peaty was there last week and posted quite a bit on FB

I was no fan of the PMB track but it was important as an African venue mxing things up a bit and give Minear a home race.

chakaping
    Free Member

2015 World Champs in Vallnord, 2016 is Val Di Sole.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

2016 was meant to be cairns wonder what changed

chakaping
    Free Member

2017 is Cairns I think.

PMB had enjoyed a good run of a few years, it’d be great to see somewhere else in the Southern Hemisphere have a crack. Preferably somewhere in the mountains, maybe NZ with so many top riders coming from there?

cookeaa

2015 World Champs in Vallnord

What Date?

scruff
    Free Member

I wonder when South America will host a WC DH round?

andytherocketeer

think vallnord 2015 is 1st week/weekend in September? (saw it somewhere, but forget where).

Anyone know the status of Fort William? had a feeling they signed a multi year deal, but that was only up to 2015 iirc ?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Never heard of Lenzereide before, but I guess thats the idea. Wheres the Champs going to be?

Yes. Its a ski resort about 2 hrs from Zurich. Has some nice riding with quite a few different areas wither side of the valley and some nice enduro style “day out” options you can do with access via post bus and mountain railway. I did a day there. They have a casual low key mass start “mega” type race which always sold out before I got a place. As its in the German speaking part and a longer drive than the more popular Brit spots it doesn’t get so much coverage. I think STW did a day in Arosa which is the resort further up the valley and which you can link back to Lenzerheide. They are building a linking lift.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

OK then 2016 still has rounds up for grabs. Would love to see it local as it’s far too focused up north considering the talent from down here

scottfitz
    Free Member

not very ‘World’

munrobiker
    Free Member

Not much of a calendar either- 7 dates still isn’t a lot.

scruff
    Free Member

Now the EWS is successful I think DH1 needs bringing back !

antennae
    Free Member

Looks like a decent lineup, but also reckon we need more rounds and at least one in Oceania or S America. Last NZ round was Rotorua World Champs in ’06 I think, and Brazil had a couple of World Cups in 05/06, so it’s been ages.

C’mon UCI, tack on a couple of Aus/NZ rounds at the beginning or end of the season. Hobart would be cool, any ideas where the track was going to be @mikewsmith?

chakaping
    Free Member

I wonder if the teams could all afford to do a 10 or 12 date series that visited all five continents though?

I guess the UCI have to balance growing the sport globally with making the series accessable and economical.

As I said, I’d like to see it hit the dramatic New Zealand mountains rather than the Aussie rainforest again, but I suppose it all depends who’s bidding to host (and how much).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think it was going to be a revamp in Glenorchy, not sure how the Oceanias went down there but with work it would be good. Be nice to see something off the cable car (when built) from high up Wellington.

Only real problem down here is it’s currently winter and covered in snow up there

chakaping
    Free Member

Anyone ridden at Lourdes? Track looks good from the clip on that link.

Interesting if it’s being pushed as a biking destination though, it is the same place all the sick and infirm go, yeah?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘2015 World Cup DH Calendar revealed’ is closed to new replies.