Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 2015 Trance Frame Crack?
  • hayes
    Free Member

My 2015 trance has developed what looks like cracking in the paint at the top of the seat tube, where the angled support welds on
    Noticed it whilst riding today, gutted

It doesn’t look like a crack, looks almost like the top of the seattube has bent and the surface paint finish has creased/cracked
    Any ideas what could have caused this?

From what I can see the seat tube had plenty inserted (it appeared to be at least past the angled support) and the seattube still goes in and out (with some stiff persuasion) so it can’t be bent that much if it is bent?

Is this something I’ve done? Frame fault?

If it is my fault, will using a longer seattube to spread the load further down the seattube be safe?

hayes
    Free Member

For reference, the seat tube was inserted believe the minimum insertion line, so should be safe one would assume

fd3chris
    Free Member

That looks like flexing damage from here.Surely your in warranty just to have it checked for peace if mind ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Maybe speak to retailer before going public?

bikeneil
    Free Member

The weld looks pitted too.

andysredmini
    Free Member

That was a common place for anthems to fail.

Wally

From my experience Giant warranty is top notch. But as above – give the shop a chance before flaming.

hayes
    Free Member

Not flaming, I love the bike and dealings I’ve had with Giant have been excellent

I just wanted to get some other opinions on here before I contact incase it’s something stupid I’ve done, appears not!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘2015 Trance Frame Crack?’ is closed to new replies.