Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2015 RS Revelations – hollow lower lowers
  • kayak23

Just got a set of new Revelations in 150mm 650B flavour.

Was surprised to find that the lowers stop about 50mm from the axle and carry on hollow until the end, the rebound adjuster is sort of extra long and buried up inside there.

Weird.
    Did they only have short internals left or something?

Like these Rebas.

Like these SIDS.

Anyway…. As you were….

benpinnick

Weight saving. The lowers need to be that long (as its the wheel radius plus clearance) but the internals need to be only as long as the travel. So why have extra length on the air spring shaft and rebound shaft if you dont need it?

kayak23

Yeah I suspected as much. Looks kind of strange mind.
    let’s hope it doesn’t get full of mud… 🙂

Doh1Nut

You will also notice that the nut that screws down over the air shaft is a Looooooong way down. The Halfords man was actually pretty helpful in letting us try all of the long reach sockets till we found one that fitted.
    1/4 inch drive halfords pro one if I recall

akira

Yeah I had to buy a box wrench to do a lowers service on some sids that were the same.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Aldo protect the nobs I guess.
    Having somehow just lost (snapped off) the rebound adjuster from my fox 36 forks on their second ride out without even crashing…. I think this is a good feature

cookeaa

lots of the Older Marzocchi forks used to be like that, they still managed to get 130mm travel out of them…

It makes a lot of sense actually, obviously it reduces internal volume meaning you need shorter pumping rods and less oil, but get a more sensible ramp rate from an air spring, and you can have common internals between the (26?) 650b and 29er variants and only have to change one component between each assembly…

Stevet1
    Free Member

put a little door on it and use it to store an inner tube a la specialized

kayak23

Stevet1 – Member
    put a little door on it and use it to store an inner tube a la specialized

Genius 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2015 RS Revelations – hollow lower lowers’ is closed to new replies.