Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 2015 Nobby Nics
  • gardron
    Free Member

So are they all as shockingly poor on sidewalls as the one I’ve just gone through ?

This was a Pacestar Evo Double Defence 2.25″ – 2nd ride out today, both rides round swinley so hardly anywhere with… well…. it’s all bloody sand, theres nothing there to slice a sidewall.

Have I just got unlucky or is this a known issue? The tyre rides really nicely when it’s not pissing air out so I’m hoping I’m unlucky.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Peaks all weekend with group of riders we had one puncture, guess what the tyre was?

markpallister
    Free Member

I’ve got one on the rear of my cube
    I’ve done the blacks and reds at hamsterly no probs

gren
    Free Member

Mine (non DD) have had no problems with Swinley. Been on the bike for 6 months and are wearing in nicely

dyls

Ive ridden mine around CYB countless times and have never had a puncture. I have had a puncture on a forest road though… Guess it comes down to luck!

Finkill

Had one on the back (Snakeskin version) for a few weeks and ridden Swinley, North Yorks Moors, Surrey Hills, Dartmoor and a couple of other spots without issue.

poah
    Free Member

looks like somthing has stabbed the tyre rather than ripped upagainst it. gone through the bead as well as the side wall.

chris_db
    Free Member

Top review.

gazman428
    Free Member

I ripped the sidewall out of one of mine, thankfully its my 2nd bike just for commuting. Id done 3 months of road rides, canal paths and had loads of punctures, took it offroad for the 1st time and ripped the trye to bits on the tread and had to throw a tube in as the stans couldnt seal it, then i ripped the sidewall out. When i checked it I had tears and cuts in a few places.
    Great for commuting as they are fast and lightweight, shite offroad as they damage too easily.

sandal100

I put a hole in one today, first ride out and I’ve scuffed the side wall and put a hole in at the same time. Sealant just managed to stop it going down all the way but adding more air seems to make it leak, think expanding the side wall makes holes appear on the scuff. I was on a hardtail travelling fairly quick with rocks about though.

Super Gravity Rock Razor ordered.

gardron
    Free Member

Sounding like it’s not just me then. The 2014’s were quite susceptible to thorns and small punctures but nothing like this.
    The only good thing was it gave me a proper chance to test the wickens & soderstrom sealant. Didn’t hold it totally but I’m shocked it was rideable at all (albeit with a few stops to top up the air on the way back to the car).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘2015 Nobby Nics’ is closed to new replies.