• This topic has 137 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)
  • 2015 Giant TCX SLR mutterings
  • yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I’d mailed them about it
    They’re doing both 105 and Ultegra 11 speed with hydraulic brakes.
    Didn’t say anything about pricing

Jamie
    Free Member

Didn’t say anything about pricing

Well, that ain’t no good. Email ’em again, dammit! 😀

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

As in “we won’t tell you”

thedude
    Free Member

The 2014 arkrose 3 and 2015 arkrose 4 have the same geometry? I cant find the info on the new model. Thanks

mrblobby
    Free Member

Some 2015 CX bikes over at road.cc. That Saxon Cross Team looks pretty good.

iainc

30% off 2014 Giant TCX SLR now at Triton – just had a mail from them !

Jamie
    Free Member

30% off 2014 Giant TCX SLR now at Triton – just had a mail from them !

It’s probably limiting ones choice, but I just prefer Shimano. Evidently Giant do as well, as all their 2015 hydro road/cx bikes use the RS685s.

Anyway, the 2014 TCX being 30% off and still being £1,574.99 just shows how over priced that model was. Who is going to spend that when for £1400 you can have any of the following with full Ultegra, RS685 hydros and half decent wheels:

mrblobby
    Free Member

You brought one yet Jamie?

Jamie
    Free Member

You brought one yet Jamie?

Placing the order this week. After a lot of pondering, I am 99% sure I am going to go for one of these:

….then next year, if the RS685’s have had good reviews and gotten any recalls out of their system, upgrade from the 105/Spyres fitted.

Worked out it should only cost an extra £200-ish, after selling on the Shimano 5800 STI and Spyres, to make the switch.

I did like the Arkose 4, but figured that in real world use, a carbon post, Shimano chainset and ultegra rear mech would probably be of more use than hydros. Plus I can get 10% off the TCX, which makes it £1170.

…however, if any of the German bikes listed above had been available before December, then I would have probably taken a punt on one of them.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

The Rose 2000 with mechanical disks is looking good to me.
    11 speed 105, £950-ish. Maybe upgrade the wheels to the DT Swiss from Mavic Aksium Ones and then upgrade the brakes later in the year..

Jamie
    Free Member

Odd that Rose have got rid of the config adjustment on the CX range.

mrblobby
    Free Member

That Canyon looks bloody good value. Proper hydros, that seatpost, ultegra and a decent set of training wheels. Even better if the claimed weight is correct too. Blimey some good deals on those Rose bikes too, wonder how heavy.

Cube looks nice but heavy, and my LBS tells me they are a pain to deal with.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I think the Rose config thing will be added later once they have it all in stock etc

Jamie
    Free Member

Yeah, think you’re right. Guessing it’s the new Ultegra, as well the new hydros, that are delaying things stockwise.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Jamie, you know the Giant make sense 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

😀

Jamie
    Free Member

I think the Rose config thing will be added later once they have it all in stock etc

Config is go!

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/products/bikes/road/cross-bike/

DT78
    Free Member

Hmmm not sure they’ve added all the options – no ability to change wheels or tyres. Just seems to be stuff like chain rings / cassettes etc..

Ultrega version is similar price to that cube (remember to include box + postage costs)

I’m tempted. Might end up with 2 white roses…

Viewing 18 posts - 121 through 138 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘2015 Giant TCX SLR mutterings’ is closed to new replies.