Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • 2015 Genesis high latutude frame
  • sssimon
    Free Member

Anyone got one built up? Be interested to see your builds, and whether you are running 100mm or 120mm forks (100mm is the genesis recommendation. Mine arrives on Friday all being well

like this one, can’t see any built up on that there google

wwaswas

I’m impressed that your garden has a very sturdy post with public information board on it.

steezysix
    Free Member

I’m just about to order one of the complete bikes (the 20 version) so will be interested to see how yours comes out. Test rode one the other day and it felt great, now I just need to wait for payday!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ahwiles
    Free Member

(i may well be wrong) that photo was taken in Hope, the frame was probably balanced there by someone called ‘Matt’.

i use 100mm forks on my High Latitude, it’s perfect.

(The long top tube means you don’t need a silly-slack head angle and daft long forks)

godzilla
    Free Member

Not the HI, but I’ve got the 650b 20 so I believe most of the spec and tubeset is the same, it’s a great bike ans ride lovely.
    Great bike for a grand.

sssimon
    Free Member

you may well be right about the pic since my frame hasn’t arrived yet and my garden has very little to merit a public information notice.

what size is yours ahwiles? and what height are you?

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Mine’s a stock 10 but with quite a lot of tweaks straight out the box- 1×9, Butcher/Ground Control treads, dropper post, 50mm stem & El Guapo bars.

Over time I’ll replace the wheels and fork as I trash the stock ones.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at ’em recently as an n+1 winter bike, absolutely no need for one but I’ve been considering a shed load of new parts on the XC bike that’d make one of these buildable, dangerous game. Watching with interest.

ahwiles
    Free Member

sssimon – Member

what size is yours ahwiles? and what height are you?

it’s a 20″, and i’m a long-legged* 6’2″

(*36 inches of lanky scrawn)

so i’ve got a 60mm stem to shorten the reach a little.

sssimon
    Free Member

I’ve ordered a 19 (6’2 and 34″ inside leg) hoping it will be playfull without feeling cramped (in the best MBR style)

sssimon
    Free Member

After a bit of lunchtime bargaining we should be ready to build early next week with the following

2014 float 120 kashima qr15
    2012 c29ssmax, maxxis hr2 front ardent rear
    sram x0 brake, x9 type2 rear mech, x9 shifter, pg1050 11/36t cassette
    sram x9 crank arms and 32t works compontents direct mount n/w ring
    Thomson post and 70mm x4 stem
    Fizik gobi

just need to sort out a zs44/ec4 headset, a nice black 30mm seat clamp and some low rise 720mm bars

sssimon
    Free Member

Almost there hopefully get a spin on Sunday

nodrog2
    Free Member

Just purchased one of these myself. Built it up fairly low rent with spare bits left over from an Inbred build. Great bike! Has a nice bit of spring to it but the big surprise to me is the ‘hooligan’ element the bike has. Running mine 1×9 with forks set at 120mm. Liking it a lot.

Pic here: https://flic.kr/p/uvmh6R

nodrog2
    Free Member

Anymore build pics guys?

Here’s a few more of mine: https://www.flickr.com/gp/44029192@N00/x4V46u

sssimon
    Free Member

Been riding mine for a month or so now, mostly towing a kiddie trailer unfortunately but few bigger days out planned for the next few weeks.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/wvPqZU]20150725_175001[/url] by simon gardiner, on Flickr

timbickham
    Free Member

I’m after some new forks for my High Latitude build. What do people recommend to replace these Rebas? Need a 1 ? steerer and assuming I need 15mm through axle as I had previously?

davros

I run 120mm reba on my HL with a hope headset which allows a tapered steerer. So if you are struggling to find a fork you like with a straight steerer you could always change the lower headset cup.

You’ll need it to be 15mm axle compatible unless you have some adapters for your hub which allows use of 9mm qr.

Merlin always have bargain forks. What’s up with your reba, want more travel?

Gaz6r4
    Free Member

I’ve nearly finished building up one of these. I’ve got a 120mm Reba. Should be finished in the next week or so.

davros

Here’s mine

I’m really happy with it. Enjoying it even more now I’ve got the mud tyres off and been hammering the dry trails.

sssimon
    Free Member

I took the fox 120 off mine and fitted a 100mm reba and prefer the ride, felt a bit front high and less agile at 120mm

timbickham
    Free Member

Have worn the stanchions pretty badly, and also have some issues with the hydraulic lockout, even after a bleed. I think I’m therefore best cutting my losses and upgrading the forks (and taking better care of maintaining new ones!). Genesis recommend 80-100mm travel but 120mm is ok? Headset is barely used I don’t really want to spend money on a new one. I can look to see about some hub adapters but heard 15mm is best for stiffness

davros

Yeah best to stick to 15mm. Lots of people seem to be running 120mm which i wouldn’t imagine would be an issue for the frame. I’m happy with 120mm but i’ve not tried running any less. You may find like sssimon that the front feels too high with more travel.

Gaz6r4
    Free Member

Here’s mine with 120mm Rebas. Just need to sort the awful chainline.

davros

Looking good!

What’s up with the chainline? I would have though it would be fine with a 1X crank.

Gaz6r4
    Free Member

Slight exaggeration when I say awful but it’s not great on the 42. Waiting on some spacers for the chainring which should improve it.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘2015 Genesis high latutude frame’ is closed to new replies.