Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 2015 Devinci Troy….
  • russyh
    Free Member

So I have been looking at new frames for a while now and stumbled across these:
    http://www.freeborn.co.uk/devinci-troy-carbon-frameset-2015

Which is the older 2015 model reduced. Looks perfect, until I started looking at Geo. I currently ride a Mk2 650b Orange Five. Which in medium is nice and long, with a low seat tube so someone like me with tiny legs can run a dropper. Had looked at sizing up the Devinci to a large, however i wouldn’t then be able to get the post far enough into the frame.

So here is my question, has anyone actually ridden the older model of the Troy on here? If so how did it feel? also whilst i get the longer slacker thing has anyone taken a step back in terms of Geometry? by that i mean has anyone gone back to a slightly more old school way of thinking and how did it feel?

damascus
    Free Member

The devinci is a great bike. Really short chain stays. 2 friends have them. One is running a 140 fork the other has run a 150 and is now running a 160 and he says its great.

What size dropper is it? Maybe you would have to swop it and reduce the travel.

russyh
    Free Member

I have a 125mm dropper at the moment, even if i switch to a 100mm the large would really be touch and go for me. Medium looks the right size, but its very short in terms of reach. I am not sure actually if that is such a bad thing. I cannot remember ever having an issue with “Old” geo bikes.

Just worried that i would be making significant backwards steps I guess as i would need to run a loger stem

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Stonking value.

russyh
    Free Member

Thats what i thought. The only niggle is the numbers. Otherwise i would of already hit the buy button. Chances of me finding one to swing my leg over now are slim! Do i just go for it?

eulach

I tried to buy one but they said they’d sold out of the 2015 model. Give them a call.

damascus
    Free Member

Where abouts are you?

russyh
    Free Member

Based in Gloucestershire. However Eulach is right they have now taken down. I was offered the newer model at another £500, but its boost spacing and I dont want to buy new wheels etc. or cobble together the spacing. Plus the extra dosh makes upgrading little less attractive.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘2015 Devinci Troy….’ is closed to new replies.