Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • 2015 – A Year in Mountains
  • senorj

Bravo.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I’ll be looking for big hill pals when rides become possible again after winter, usually within 3hrs of Glasgow.

Andy_K

SHUT UP ABOUT COLEDALE!!

😉

I love it to bits, hardly a bad way down out of the area.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Love this yearly post. Brilliant work.

Rode some of these myself this year so will re-read over the weekend and add locations/names to the 2016 wish list. Top stuff munrobiker. Well done.

toby1

An actual Mountain Biker, on this forum …. 😯

Looks like it should have been an article either on site or in print rather than just a post on here. Looks like you’ve had a cracking year munrobiker.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Haven’t managed anything like this this year. Must try harder.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Great post OP – sums up well what it’s all about (IMO)…I’m only slightly jealous of your photographic ability and obvious tenacity to capture the moments…

Rockape63
    Free Member

Nice….in fact very nice. Makes me want to pack the bike in the back of the car and head North!

scruzer
    Free Member

If this doesn’t get you out riding, then nothing will. Thanks for sharing!

scuttler

Bloody ‘ell is it that time already? 2015’s been a bit quick. Post of the year again OP. Love it.

pedlad

Having done just one big wild mountain this yet after a collar bone in may so I’m v envious. Some great trips. Just to go against the general love in suggest you tone the HDR down a tad.

rascal
    Free Member

Whiteless is accessed from the Braithwaite side, climbing Sail, Crag and Wandope before a low tech but flowy, enjoyable trail down Whiteless and to Buttermere.

😯 Clearly you’re a much better rider than me – I did that descent in June and thought some of that was a bit bonkers!
    Brilliant vid, pics and write-up – inspiring!
    Def going to get out and do more of this kind of riding next year -cheers Luke

grum
    Free Member

Great post. Lots there to add to my to-do list in the Lakes. Nice one.

My one criticism – too much clarity/HDR style effect on some of the pics leaving a pretty strong ‘halo’ around riders etc. Still some great ones in there though.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Grum- I see what you mean. The photos are only tweaked in Microsoft Photo Gallery so the ability to tweak them properly is limited. The photos from the High Street ride were all done on a self timer in horrendous conditions with the camera set up wrong and getting anything viewable from the shots was hard!

rascal- I remember some technical features that were 99% rideable but the majority of it flowed fairly nicely for me. I’m not an especially good rider but it could be rose tinted glasses as it was such a nice day out.

Spin
    Free Member

“90% unrideable bog and bouldery shite” in that time seems drastic. I have a feeling the mag put the wrong route on their website and that the best descent of this is to the south, not east into Glen Nevis like we did. Regardless we have learnt the lesson on your behalf- don’t bother.

Now do you believe me about Stob Ban Sanny?

jameso

Best thread of the year. Again

Agreed. Been reading in stages and feeling slack for not having done any big hill days like this for a long time. Motivated to use these threads as a guide for next year – and have a hunch I said this about a year ago..
    Good work!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thanks as always @munro, proer adventure riding

stick_man

Always a v inspiring post, thanks for sharing. Not got any pics but we did the Lakeland 200 this year, in 3 days, which was our proper big mtn ride. Tough but stunning scenery.

jody
    Free Member

Stunning pictures!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Great stuff Luke!

Sanny
    Free Member

Spin

I still don’t believe you! 😆

munrobiker
    Free Member

Sanny- believe him. Good god it was shit.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Always a v inspiring post, thanks for sharing. Not got any pics but we did the Lakeland 200 this year, in 3 days, which was our proper big mtn ride. Tough but stunning scenery.

Stick man – where did you start and what were your overnight locations? Trying to hatch a plan for next year.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘2015 – A Year in Mountains’ is closed to new replies.