• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 3,281 through 3,320 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • MTB-Idle
    Free Member

proud Englishman here but was cheering you on all the way and absolutely gutted for Scotland. That really was the pits at the end.

spawnofyorkshire

It is a shame because there have been some very good performances by the refs throughout the tournament until today.
    Great game today, both sides played positive rugby

bruk

I am so conflicted. Felt the team did brilliantly and hate complaining about the ref but he is just a knob. So many poor decisions both ways, but the worst game changing ones against Scotland.

As Mcgeeghan said, would those calls been made against NZ?

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

oh and who though Michael Cheika’s voice was going to sound like that?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Gutted for Scotland. Nothing else to add – but a restart with 30 seconds to go…surely you just pop the ball forward to required distance and compete for it. Once it went to Australian hands it was game over.

Well done and hard luck Scotland. You came closest which was what nobody expected.

Another depressing day for NH rugby.

scotroutes

Shouldn’t the TMO have drawn the refs attention to the late hit on Hogg?

unknown
    Free Member

Heard on the radio that Joubert headed straight down the tunnell at full time, without waiting for the players or his assistants. I’d say the guy doesn’t deserve much respect after that.

toys19
    Free Member

a) I never thought Oz were utterly awesome. Beating England and sorry to say it Wales, does not make you an awesome team.
    2) I dont mean that to take anything away from Scotland as they were pretty damn stunning.
    z) gutted, robbed.

badnewz
    Free Member

Awesome performance by Scotland, the last time I could say that was in relation to their male curling team at the Olympics.
    It should be obvious by now just how far Southern Hemisphere rugby is ahead, but at least Scotland threw everything at it.
    South Africa now my favourites to win the tournament.

duckman

Tom Heathcoate had a really good game for the Warriors on Friday,three years ago we were so desperate that he was the saviour of the Scottish backs. That is a measure of what we have now,if we can cut out the stupid restart errors and the like,we may no longer be a joke in the 6N. We were the second best team today,the Aussie backs were fantastic, but we were the unflushable shite,they just couldn’t get rid of us.There is room for Cowan and Hardie in our back row and that much vaulted Aussie front row came second best. So as much as that was a sore one,look what angry Vern has done in a fairly short period of time.
    One last point…The Aussie player will be cited for that hit on Hogg,won’t he?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

One last point…The Aussie player will be cited for that hit on Hogg,won’t he?

Don’t be daft.

DanW
    Free Member

I never thought Oz were utterly awesome. Beating England and sorry to say it Wales, does not make you an awesome team.

Does no-one watch SH rugby?

The only things in Joubert’s favour were picking up Genia’s knock on and I thought he ran the breakdown better than Barnes and Owens where it seemed to be a free for all

Never cheered so hard for Scotland! Have to commended for yet again scoring a lot of points and keeping up tradition of interception tries 😀

Shouldn’t the TMO have drawn the refs attention to the late hit on Hogg?

I think the main problem was it was only really Lamont doing an “X-Factor” sign at the ref… and when was the last time you took Lamont seriously 😳 😀

cudubh

The person dealing with the citing will probably be an Australian and decide Hogg should get a life ban for getting in his way. Bitter and disappointed? No, not me.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Embarrassed to be a Saffa right now.

rascal
    Free Member

Scotland stepped up in a way that neither England or Wales could

Yep, cos Wales have been awful haven’t they 🙄 Not really trying to play the hard-luck card here but we have had one or two injuries and the general consensus would seem to be we played ‘heroically’ and with heart.

Pigface
    Free Member

Meh Hogg likes dishing out late cheap shots got no sympathy for him.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Pigface
    Free Member

Flash you are Solomon and I claim something

Stoner
    Free Member

£2.50?

anagallis_arvensis

Yep, cos Wales have been awful haven’t they Not really trying to play the hard-luck card here but we have had one or two injuries and the general consensus would seem to be we played ‘heroically’ and with heart.

Dont worry no doubt now scotland are world beaters again no doubt we will see them win at least 4 six nations games between now and the next world cup!

wrecker
    Free Member

Yep, cos Wales have been awful haven’t they

Let’s get a bit perspective. Wales snuck past a very very poor england team by 3 points. They then played 2 decent sides and lost to both. If anyone has done the NH/home nations proud, I’d say it was the scots. That was a terrific battle against a good australian side. Well done, you should be proud of yourselves.

DanW
    Free Member

Let’s not forget Wales came close until the dying minutes too. There is just more expectation on (even an injury ravaged) Wales than Scotland.

Ireland got hammered by an “easy” team that many here were convinced would be a walkover but that’s not to say Ireland aren’t still a great side.

Let’s get a bit perspective. Wales snuck past a very very poor england team by 3 points. They then played 2 decent sides and lost to both. If anyone has done the NH/home nations proud, I’d say it was the scots.

That logic of comparisons of different games doesn’t work. Scotland lost pretty easily to RSA who themselves were beaten by Japan. Are Scotland worse than Japan? It’s a tournament and all that matters is how far you progress.

I think most would say 3/4 of the Home Nations did us all proud, Scotland very much included in this

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Liking your work, Stoner.

rascal
    Free Member

Let’s get a bit perspective. Wales snuck past a very very poor england team by 3 points. They then played 2 decent sides and lost to both. If anyone has done the NH/home nations proud, I’d say it was the scots. That was a terrific battle against a good australian side. Well done, you should be proud of yourselves.

I didn’t claim we were brilliant or anything like that. I merely questioned the quoted comment – that Wales wouldn’t have turned up. You’re right though, we should have lost the game against England but whatever happened in that last 20 mins or so a lot seemed down to wanting it more. We couldn’t score against Australia when we should have – we lost to 5 Foley kicks and no tries whereas Scotland conceeded 5 tries. I thought we’d lose heavily yesterday so as gutted as I am we lost I was proud of our showings all things considered. Shouted for the Jocks today and genuinely gutted for them.

very very poor england team

Interesting…some people think they’re only one or two tweaks from being world beaters!

thegreatape
    Free Member

£2.50?

NO! 😥 Let him have the whole £5.

wrecker
    Free Member

Well I watched those games, and aus were the better team vs Wales. The saffas aren’t rilliant, and I’d bet on nz putting 40 on them, I honestly thought Wales would beat them. As it turned out, sa were the better team. I’m not rubbishing Wales, I just don’t see that they are much better than england (who aren’t very good).

Kryton57

Interesting…some people think they’re only one or two tweaks from being world beaters!

I think you’ll find that boat has sailed.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hey, it doesn’t matter does it. We’re all so proud of how we did. If I see another **** #shoulder2shoulder tweet after an abject loss to a side we’ve beaten 5 times in a row, I’ll…I dunno…I’ll tweet something angry. But I’m still proud.

**** sake…4 SH sides have just pissed into the QFs. England were a shambles. France were a shambles.

Am I proud? Am I ****. 😡

Drac

Quick someone tweet.

DanW
    Free Member

Matt Dawson is standing #shouldertoshoulder (with the Scots)

Matt Dawson @matt9dawson
    Craig Joubert you are a disgrace and should never referee again!! How dare you sprint off the pitch after that decision!!! #RWC2015

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well, I wouldn’t see that arsehole’s tweets. He blocked me. 😀

tinybits
    Free Member

It does say quite a lot about the southern vs northern game doesn’t it? All the sh super 14 (is that right) teams are now contesting the last 4 places, come Feb when some bloody pundit states that the 6 nations is the tournament in the world, I hope he gets rotten fruit thrown at him.
    Possibly the only way out of this is a Euopean league, although I in no way can see this happening in anything resembling my lifetime!
    Ahh bugger. Still, at least Tigers won today!

anagallis_arvensis

Wales snuck past a very very poor england team by 3 points. They then played 2 decent sides and lost to both. If anyone has done the NH/home nations proud, I’d say it was the scots.

Whilst scotland beat Japan and Samoa. England and Wales are a fair bit better than scotland

wrecker
    Free Member

Perhaps, but that just makes their performance today even more admirable.

Stoner
    Free Member
    DanW
    Free Member

All the sh super 14 (is that right) teams are now contesting the last 4 places

“Rugby Championship” is the international tournamount with 4 SH teams, Super 15 is the SH club league 😀

Possibly the only way out of this is a European league, although I in no way can see this happening in anything resembling my lifetime!

You still have the issue of the game and often rules/ refereeing developing differently in the two hemispheres not to mention cultural strategy differences largely influenced by weather and pitch conditions I guess. Pitting more international European teams together in a league won’t change the style of rugby where windy stadiums and rain are the norm vs hard pitches, with often hotter weather and even altitude encouraging a huge kicking game.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m all in favour of an international (summer) season

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

jimdubleyou

South Africa now my favourites to win the tournament.

I can’t see anybody beating the Kiwis.

tinybits
    Free Member

All the sh super 14 (is that right) teams are now contesting the last 4 places
    “Rugby Championship” is the international tournamount with 4 SH teams, Super 15 is the SH club league

But those players are mostly cutting their teeth in the super 15 before moving on to the championship.

Oh, and NZ is often bloody wet, seems to not hamper them too much! Agree with the nh / sh refring styles though, seem to be quite different. Actually, it’s a stupid game if the refs style needs to be a pivotal part of your decisions on the pitch. I’m going to learn me to like Wendy ball.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,281 through 3,320 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.