• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,961 through 3,000 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Did we do QF predictions yet?

IdleJon

My prediction is that there’ll be 4 of them. 😛

anagallis_arvensis

Wales to beat SA and face France in the semi. Argentina to beat ireland and face Scotland in the semi…or maybe not!

duckman

5 points actually Jam, and I fail to see what point you are making with the 6n jibe. The groups are seeded, Scotland’s standings are and always have been higher than Japan’s so Scotland should start favourites. Still;my bad. I have just applied logic to a debate with a man who has suggested( refreshingly unlike anybody else on here) that the ref robbed England and who also started a thread on how Alex Salmond giving his salary to charity was further evidence of how evil he is. I think the chip on the shoulder comment above about Scots is probably more accurate.

anagallis_arvensis

an Japan went into the game very tired and even so

Whilst England went into their games fully rested with all the schedualing advantages as well as playing at home and still lost out to the minnows!

igm

Be fair – I don’t normally count Wales and Australia as minnows

dbcooper
    Free Member

Yes I don’t count Wales as a minnow.

thegreatape
    Free Member

brakes – Member
    this thread is completely lost now that England have gone.
    admit it, you need us.
    Agreed. Every tournament needs some comic relief

An Englishman walked into a bar. Normally there’d be a Scotsman and an Irishman too, but they’re still in the World Cup.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

igm

Us Scots will be there on Sunday I suspect.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Speaking of which, Scotland to appeal the sentences handed out to Gray and Ford.

anagallis_arvensis

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34537841

How big a ban for this bell end?

DanW
    Free Member

Dude’s got form too!

[video]https://youtu.be/iWIUp19bBoA[/video]

anagallis_arvensis

Tyler Morgan at 13 v SA. Big ask good luck to him.

loum
    Free Member

Opposite a 21 yr old Jesse Kriel, Damian de allende (23) at 12, Handre pollard at 10 who’s 21 too, and Jan Serfontein 22, on the bench.

Is Roberts the only one who’s started shaving?

DanW
    Free Member

Wales have a pretty much first choice pack so that is one positive. The fact the scrum is dodgy can’t really be improved by a different selection- maybe just James for Gethin.

Morgan is probably the least risky option compared to North getting battered in the centres and Hook inevitably gifting some points at some stage but a huge game for him as you say a_a!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Should be a fantastic match that. Really looking forward to these QFs.

Taz

I think the QF’s are looking great with 3 of them pretty tough to call. Cannot see Scotland beating Australia (but hey I live in hope). NZ may hump France but not ridiculous to say France may also win. I do fear Ireland may end up being the only NH survivors but hope Wales prove me wrong and Scotland deliver on my wildest dreams 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

An Englishman walked into a bar. Normally there’d be a Scotsman and an Irishman too, but they’re still in the World Cup.

😀 very good but you only get to make that joke for a couple more days

@whatnobeer, touché. Isn’t the joke that I’m well balanced as I have a chip on each shoulder 🙂

@aa indeed if England had lost to a Welsh team as of 3-4 years ago I’d be less dissapointed. As we agreed Gatland would be under no pressure had Wales failed to make it out of the group as they weren’t really expected to.

Predictions no surprises with NZ, SA, Australia, Ireland into semi finals. Argentina have the best chance of an upset but their usual route to victory through the forwards is blocked by an area in which Ireland are typically strong. Argentinian forwards overturning Ireland would be a shocker and is unlikely. Wales will have a go of course and I think it will be a great high pressure game but SA will be just too strong and they know how to control a game.

duckman

How big a ban for this bell end?

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Forever,if he hasn’t learned to carry on the outside by his age,he may as well pack it in.

igm

very good but you only get to make that joke for a couple more days

Look at it this way, on November 1st England are back in the RWC.

And I’ve just realised Scotland may well stay in the RWC longer than Wales or France – in fact we’re going to make the last 5!!!

thegreatape
    Free Member

🙂 very good but you only get to make that joke for a couple more days

As an Englishman, I’m allowed to take the piss for as long as I like!

IdleJon

And I’ve just realised Scotland may well stay in the RWC longer than Wales or France – in fact we’re going to make the last 5!!!

😆 Very good!

I see the SA game as being very close. In theory, The Welsh defence should be able to shut down a relatively poor SA side but the problem is the lack of Welsh attack. Wales won’t win simply because they haven’t got anyone to score tries. It’ll be decided on penalties and SA will win by 6 points.

Maybe.

molgrips
    Free Member

That’s why it could go either way – all it takes is one slip, missed tackle, interception..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Don’t think it lasted long but Papé’s Wiki page earlier…

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Tee hee.

Interesting article regarding protective eye wear in rugby. Think the IRFU are wrong on this one. Fair play to the lad for being able to play professional rugby

http://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/other-rugby/ludicrous-former-leinster-player-who-lost-an-eye-launches-campaign-to-remove-playing-ban-with-protective-goggles-31611872.html

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Has PSA been given his P45?

igm

Referee Jaco Peyper told a discipline tribunal looking into the tackle that resulted in three-week bans for Scotland’s Ross Ford and Jonny Gray that he was “satisfied that I dealt with the incident appropriately”, after not issuing either player with any cards. His evidence was dismissed as referees can only give evidence of fact, on opinion.

(Times)

paddyb
    Free Member

Former Leinster hooker Bernard Jackman has his ear to the ground over in France, and he has taken to twitter to reveal that reports have emerged claiming French Rugby head coach Phillipe Saint Andre has been axed.

http://www.balls.ie/rugby/reports-emerge-france-phillipe-saint-andre/312699?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

namastebuzz
    Free Member

reports have emerged claiming French Rugby head coach Phillipe Saint Andre has been axed.

Yeah there’s a report in the DT as well saying that the players have revolted – as they did in the last RWC and look what happened then. 🙂

I liked Imanol Harinordoquy’s quote from 2011:

“After the defeat against Tonga I did not attach too much importance to what Marc said… we had to free ourselves from his supervision.”

If only England’s players had possessed similar gumption……

namastebuzz
    Free Member

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

As much as it would be hilarious were that [French player revolt] true, there’s muchos scepticism all over today – plenty of reporters saying it’s untrue.

Anyway, searching for a not-behind-paywall link, but has anyone seen The Times report on the EPL’s latest attempt at a land grab; saying the clubs should have more choice over the selection of England manager and running of the team? 😐

EDIT: not entirely RWC related, that^ but comes in wake of England’s “calamitous” (because that seems to be the most commonly used word) RWC campaign.

duckman

Scotland: Stuart Hogg, Tommy Seymour, Mark Bennett, Pete Horne, Sean Maitland, Finn Russell, Greig Laidlaw (captain); David Denton, John Hardie, Blair Cowan, Richie Gray, Tim Swinson, WP Nel, Fraser Brown, Alasdair Dickinson. Reserves: Kevin Bryce, Gordon Reid, Jon Welsh, Alasdair Strokosch, Josh Strauss, Henry Pyrgos, Richie Vernon, Sean Lamont.

Two open sides!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Lots of tickets on offer for Wales RSA, my guess is flakey fans bought them up on the hope of seeing England. Cat A (£250) and B (£215) especially. I offered £100 but sellers still trying to get face, no chance IMO. I hope they get zero.

Kryton57

“calamitous” (because that seems to be the most commonly used word) RWC campaign.

It just gets worse. Tom Wood in Twitter slanging match over Robshaws captaincy, RFU “told” Lancaster was the wrong man, and now Joel Schmidt trying to play down an approach.

Then to cap it all off, they post a “Sorry” & “Thanks” image on FB. One of the first posts I saw was “Well, ok, but can I have the £100 I paid for me shirt back?”

Its all very grovelling and in my view is just diminishing any respect the supporters had in the setup on a daily basis, a real mess.

Onwards then, Aus are “resting ruling out” Pocock and Falou vs Scotland. Hooper & Beale in.

molgrips
    Free Member

One of the first posts I saw was “Well, ok, but can I have the £100 I paid for me shirt back?”

No wonder everyone hates England fans, they’re all arseholes

😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

Visited a good mate of mine at his place this week, he was wearing his England RWC 2015 shirt, I was tempted to say if I had one I’d only wear it round the house too 😀

igm

Guys they were one kick away from SA in the quarters. They aren’t that bad, or weren’t. By the time they’ve finished ripping themselves apart they might be.

Scamper
    Free Member

One imaginary kick away form the quarter finals. A bit like saying Wales were only one imaginary try from beating the aussies last week. 😆

But yes, they really are that bad, relatively, IMHO.

redthunder
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 2,961 through 3,000 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.