• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,881 through 2,920 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • DanW
    Free Member

Never seen anyone go down that hard from a slap in the chest. Must have been a lucky shot, eh?

People were saying the same about Heaslip from a gentle knee in the back. Sometimes damn painful things don’t look much on TV but there’s a fair chance Pape wanted to draw attention to it too 😉 I am also resisting the temptation to answer “Never seen anyone go down that hard from a slap in the chest” with “what about Sexton crying off”… joking of course 😀

DanW
    Free Member

Can someone tell those crazy Kiwis to give it a rest for a week… they be going an’ getting Eben all mad 😯

Kryton57

So, anyone in for a Game of fantasy Lions 1st team at this stage of the RWC then?

15: Brown
    14: Watson
    11: Bowe
    13: JJ
    12: Cave
    10: Biggar
    9: Care
    8: Faletou
    7: Warburton (VC)
    6: Tipuric
    5: AWJ
    4: POC (C)
    3: Lee
    2: Hartley
    1: Ross

🙂

An embarrassment of riches in the squad can be had too.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

It won’t be POC. His international career is over. He is officially out of RWC. Thanks for everything big man.

inigomontoya
    Free Member

News from the guardian on #supergav http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/oct/12/wales-gavin-henson-world-cup-quarter-final

Eli Walker called into the squad, but not expected to be match fit for the SA game.

binners
    dragon
    Free Member

That Mash article if flipping lame. At least they weren’t playing on a plastic pitch a la England football last night.

POC has been a great player, shame to see his international career come to an end, although I’m sure his opponents will be happy and sad in equal measure.

Krypton57, Danny Care as 1st choice Lions scrum half 😳

loum
    Free Member

Thanks Paulie

loum
    Free Member

binners – Member
    Has it finished yet?

Depends if you’re English really …
    (As can be seen from Kryton57’s post above ^^^).

So, much like a football WC too , tbh. 😉

Tom-B
    Free Member

Lions 2017 prediction:

1. Healy
    2. Hartley if not banned
    3. Lee
    4. Jonny Gray/Launchbury
    5. AWJ (vc)
    6. Warburton (c)
    7. SOB
    8. Toby
    9. Murray
    10. Biggar
    11. North
    12. Henshaw
    13. JJ
    14. Watson
    15. Brown

If sexton plays at 10 then I’d have 1/2p at Full back over Brown….very close call between them as it is. In fact full back is a very competitive position. Lawes, Henderson, Davies would all be potentially starters in the second row too….again a very competitive position!

Back row is a key area….I went with two ‘opensides’ but I suppose there’s a number of ways of going about it….SOB has played well at 8 for Ireland so I guess you could have him there then O’Mahony at 6 and Hovis at 7. Centres is also going to be a very competitive area. Earls, Jiffy jnr, Manu, Slade, Bennets, poss Roberts all in the mix. Should be a cracking squad!!!

Actually, I doubt that the centres will be Henshaw and JJ….hard to call!

scotroutes

Lions tour? Shouldn’t that be in a 2017 thread?

DanW
    Free Member

Lions tour? Shouldn’t that be in a 2017 thread?

I think Kryton’s aim was to discuss who would make a 1st IX of the home nations based on the RWC to date…. having said that a number of the suggestions are out of the competition so I’m not sure 😀

anagallis_arvensis

Kryton, you have two tight heads

anagallis_arvensis

So Wales have called up another injured player. Great

bigblackshed

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    Kryton, you have two tight heads

Strong scrum then!

😉

Tom-B
    Free Member

Pretty sure Kryton was going for a first XV not IX 😉

DanW
    Free Member

Damn it posting here on the phone in a hurry! 😳 I suppose I could pretend it was a deliberate comment England historically are only interested in 9 players to win a game but I’m not smooth enough to bs that one convincingly 😀

anagallis_arvensis

On beeb

James Haskell says he may “lose his mind”

Some would wonder when he found it!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ok, sorry, I did do a little LOLz.

EDIT: Feeling a bit anxious about a >366 minute hearing. 😯 😐

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

(Shamelessly copied from @WelshDalaiLama of course…)

Still funny, though! 🙂

I know lawyers are paid by the hour, so assume that’s why it’s taking so long. Well, either that or he brought a massive box of biscuits with him.

Punch? One week ban. Go and say sorry. Carry on, everyone. (Is how it should have gone)

anagallis_arvensis

DanW
    Free Member

Biscuits? Cookies? Nah! They’re getting through the burgers!!! 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Christ, I used to work in one of those when I was a student. Grim times. (Their smoky bacon burger was lovely though!)

jambalaya
    Free Member

I did fear as POC was waving from the trolley that was the end of his Ireland career. He’s been immense.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Do we think SOB has beaten them all up and is busy working out how to explain things?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He’s been immense.

Not sure that’s a big enough word. One of the very, very best. A truly great rugby player.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Have we done this yet?

Namibia, already well beaten and on the way home, had a conversion attempt to make. Step forward their soon to retire prop, Johnny Redelinghuys.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1R52q7rSoQ[/video]

Hat!

thegreatape
    Free Member

The TJs should have stuck their flags up anyway 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Rumours abound…

2 weeks reduced to 1. An acceptable outcome. Sean’s previous saintly behaviour helped.

EDIT: confirmed now I think.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

1 week seems right to me.

As before though, should just have been as follows; “Punch? One week ban. Now please leave. NEXT!”

Cue SOB leaving the headmaster’s office, tail between legs.

🙂

mefty
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with props kicking, my father was a prop and a kicker.

anagallis_arvensis

Beeb reporting a week for SOB

anagallis_arvensis

Andrew Cotter ?@MrAndrewCotter 3m3 minutes ago
    So by that reckoning, if Gray and Ford have got O’Brien’s legal team they’ll escape a ban and be given 5 thousand pounds in prize money.

I am suprised Henson didnt get 18 weeks with 5 added for not saying sorry.

duckman

On the Scotland players,did the Aussie tmo, while going through the entire game not feel the other safety directive( applied,amazed he cited two of ours and no Samoans for the frequently penalised headhunting tackles.

BruceWee

Andrew Cotter’s tweet.

So by that reckoning, if Gray and Ford have got O’Brien’s legal team they’ll escape a ban and be given 5 thousand pounds in prize money.

WTF is taking so long anyway?

mefty
    Free Member

They asked for the £5,000 in used notes.

duckman

It’s on the site,they both got three weeks!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I believe the hearings were in the offices of Clifford Chance. Lawyers fees by the hour……

Nice earner. Oh, and CC usually have jolly good biscuits and coffee in their offices.

mefty
    Free Member

ouch three weeks for gray and ford

EDIT: Too slow, BTW the law firms do this sort of work for the kudos rather than the income.

BruceWee

I think we can safely say that Scotland is a Tier 2 for the purposes of citing.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,881 through 2,920 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.