• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,561 through 2,600 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • mikey3
    Free Member

Wales are going to lose to the aussies by the usual 7 points or so but are going to beat the boks by the same.

anagallis_arvensis

calm down aa, it’s an Internet thread, about rugby, on an obscure cycling forum.

Exactly so why am I accused of displaying hate when I disagree with Wrecker and Jambo’s view about a game of **** rugby? I dont mind people having a go at me for my views or what I’ve said but just making shit up because they think thats what I might think despite a complete lack of evidence of hate soes my head in. I want tovtalk about rugby on a thread about rugby so I’ll leave it at that….

anagallis_arvensis

Mikey3. I think you may be right about the Aus game and wrong about the SA game tbh. But we have got to beat them sometime. The only team in this world cup I would have no hope of is beating is NZ.

mikey3
    Free Member

Agree about NZ aa,i think N.Z. go into any game with wales knowing that even if the score is really close after 70 mins Wales will make a knock on or drop a pass at a vital game winning moment and then they will capitalise and its same old same old,but even that can’t last forever(well it can but hey who knows :-))

wrecker
    Free Member

Cheers chaps. It’s been a pleasure.

rkk01
    Free Member

Is “Jock” a racist term?

Well, for a chuckle, just find the alternative on arrsepedia (under “jockanese”) 😯

Kryton57

wrecker – Member
    Cheers chaps. It’s been a pleasure.

Worst flounce ever. 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not sure who’s accusing @aa of hating anyone, the debate here seems robust but fair. Can’t understand why anyone thinks I’m trolling, that’s not me at all just putting my point of view as is @aa and others on here. I certainly don’t think he’s hating anyone. I’m reasonably certain @aa didn’t think Wales would make it out if the group, England away, injury wracked and then Australia up last in a potential knockout match.

England could have been pretty good. Actually more than that they should have been. With Ford at 10 and a midfield without Burgess I think we had a real shot. My comments on Wales where based upon the side that made it to the tournament with some of their best players out injured. My frustration at the loss to Wales was massive on the basis I think we should have won very comfortably, I said before the game our selection gave Wales a chance and with the wrong side we then threw the game away.

Now really this is enough about England from me. Must work out which games we can watch.

Might have to wear one of my Jambalaya branded shirts in Cardiff this weekend so anyone can come and say hi 🙂 Aux armes, citoyens

toys19
    Free Member

Wow the Georgia Namiba game was another corker. Gorgodze is awesome, but then Nambia came back and it was ace.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Press reporting that Mike Catt twice til Cipriani he would “end his England career” and that most of the players took Cipriani’s side.
    Think there is a lot more to come from what appears to be an extremely unhappy England camp.

IdleJon

Not sure who’s accusing @aa of hating anyone, the debate here seems robust but fair.

From the last page…

The rest of the country have grown up now, its time you did too, hate is not a nice thing to see. It’s also not very Rugby is it.

It’s not hatred, it’s rivalry. And it’s very ‘rugby’, it always has been part of it. And I agree with you Jambalaya, the talk on here is very polite compared to what you’d get at an actual game .

jambalaya
    Free Member

Cipriani ended Ciprianis England career, or perhaps I should say his drinking and general lifestyle

namastebuzz
    Free Member

tell you what,how about some nice retail therapy?

Going on previous RFU behaviour I’m disappointed that they don’t have any “England World Champions 2015” T-Shirts. 😆

duckman

Brand Hask fair going for Neil Back in the twitter verse! #nevermeetyourheros Ouch! All the talk about Burgess staying in union and being back in 2019 at 6…Would that not just make him a less experienced Haskill,Robshaw or Wood?

Kryton57

Its easy to imagine that Cipriani becomes a gobshite after he learns he’s out of the team, and yes his England days are most likely over unless a new coach realises his potential and throws him a line.

But for coaches to use that kind of vocabulary to players is unacceptable, and then this is the second time we heard the players supporting themselves vs the coaches.

I’m not sure what makes the players so bound to defend the coaches in interviews – maybe they worry thier future international careers, but I’m faitly confident that post world cup someone who doesnt have a career anymore – Robshaw? Cips? will be part of some kind of expose that sees this coaching setup overhauled by the RFU.

There’s far too much smoke to be without a fire.

anagallis_arvensis

What was said?

DanW
    Free Member

The RFU cleanup thing is a nice idea but that kind of assumes their meddling has no part in it. I can’t imagine that they have no idea what is happening or are even to root of many of the issues… Big change might require the RFU to admit some mistakes and that just muddies progress further

Pigface
    Free Member

Heard also that players don’t trust the RFU and are unwilling to speak to them, RFU are trying to write a report about the failure of this World Cup campaign.

Kryton57

Welsh Team for Aus – looks a strong one:

Backs: Gareth Anscombe (Cardiff Blues), Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), George North (Northampton Saints), Jamie Roberts (Harlequins), Liam Williams (Scarlets), Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Gareth Davies (Scarlets).

Forwards: Paul James (Ospreys), Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Luke Charteris (Racing 92), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Sam Warburton (Capt) (Cardiff Blues), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Taulupe Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons).

Replacements: Ken Owens (Scarlets), Aaron Jarvis (Ospreys), Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs), Jake Ball (Scarlets), Ross Moriarty (Gloucester Rugby), Lloyd Williams (Cardiff Blues), Rhys Priestland (Bath Rugby), James Hook (Gloucester Rugby).

Kryton57

What was said?

A “robust exchange” including “I could end your England career” is whats reported, with Cips being backed by the players in the argument.

Seems to me the players don’t trust the coaches, and they keep losing so why would they.

loum
    Free Member

Pigface – Member
    Heard also that players don’t trust the RFU and are unwilling to speak to them, RFU are trying to write a report about the failure of this World Cup campaign.

POSTED 11 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

funny that…
    after the players “confidential statements” were released to the press 4 years ago when the RFU were trying to write a report about the failure of that World Cup campaign…

teenrat

Disappointing that Matthew Morgan wont get a chance against the Aussies.

anagallis_arvensis

Wales team changed. Should be stronger at scrum and breakdown. I would have preferred to play Lydiate and not worry about Aus. Hope Gatwards get it right. Anscombe at 15 a gamble to but the other option was T Morgan at 13 which would be a gamble (or M Morgan at 15 which would just be mad)

BruceWee

Scotland squad

I’m concerned about Laidlaw starting, never mind captaining. Ford and Brown should swap as should Denton and Strauss. Otherwise looks pretty good.

I hope Jonny Gray is being groomed for future leadership. I hope they start sooner rather than later.

Pigface
    Free Member

What do people in Scotland think of Hogg?, cheap shot red card and then the diving against South Africa

Albanach
    Free Member

Bruce why are you concerned about Laidlaw?

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I’m not sure what makes the players so bound to defend the coaches in interviews – maybe they worry thier future international careers, but I’m faitly confident that post world cup someone who doesnt have a career anymore – Robshaw? Cips? will be part of some kind of expose that sees this coaching setup overhauled by the RFU.

Yeah I think you’re right. You’re not gonna criticise someone if they’ll still be around next time a squad is picked.

Nick Easter is a pretty forthright character and he’s unlikely to play on for England, at 37, so he might spill the beans. You’ve gotta think there must have been a huge amount of disharmony. There was that report a while ago of a big argument between Farrell Snr and Catt with both parties being completely at loggerheads.

I’d speculate that Farrell is at the centre of a lot of it especially as the players weren’t in favour of Burgess being in the squad and the obvious question of nepotism. The RFU should NEVER have employed a coach who’s son was likely to be involved in being selected.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

What do people in Scotland think of Hogg?

Great player. Absolutely electric when on form.

When things don’t go well for him or he’s off form he behaves in the manner of an Association Footballer.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@duckman 🙂 who’d want to be seen in England 2015 RWC shirt !

Kryton57

I found an England shirt inside a plastic bag discarded on the roadside the other day.

What a waste – those bags are worth 5p these days!

jimdubleyou

@duckman who’d want to be seen in England 2015 RWC shirt !

Other internet forums are available for that kind of masochist…

😛

duckman

Hogg is a fantastic player and part of a centre partnership that gave bath’s England backs the runaround…Can be a dickhead at times though.

jambalaya
    Free Member

An ex colleague of mine went to school with Mike Catt and his brother and knows them well. Just sent him a note to say I hope Mike told Cips whats been reported

Kryton57

Why would you do / say that? I know Cips is a bit of an idiot but wish for / wallow in his misery is a bit off isn’t it?

anagallis_arvensis

Hogg, Brown and Williams all have anger issues!! Coincidence or is that what full backs need. It used to be 9’s!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Kearney’s calm enough I think. 🙂

inigomontoya
    Free Member

Alfie had his moments too. and Byrne.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m supporting Catt. I won’t comment on the reply I got. IMO Cipriani shouldn’t have been in the big squad, aside from anything it gave him false hope.

DanW
    Free Member

Not doubt Cipriani comes with some baggage but as a rugby fan he didn’t do much wrong on the pitch when given a chance again in an England shirt. I guess an argument could be made for the real making of a strong coach and/or strong captain being able to manage different personalities and have them work towards a common goal. Not saying that isn’t happening but the nicey nicey squad selection seemed to be about avoiding problems and ignoring some great players as a result… and then all went to sh1t when some great guy got parachuted in to mess things up anyway

Viewing 40 posts - 2,561 through 2,600 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.