• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • anagallis_arvensis

Would you not worry about a lack of beef with that lot?

surfer
    Free Member

Cips been re-bailed until November which means he is available for the WC.

Is this just some “fishing expedition”? If he was over the limit charge him, if not drop it…

Edit: Didnt see the above but point stands

dbcooper
    Free Member

Perhaps they are waiting to see how well he does. If he wins the WC with a try/drop goal against NZ then all charges dropped, if he fumbles it and we het booted out of the pool stages then 10 years hard labour?

IdleJon

Perhaps they are waiting to see how well he does. If he wins the WC with a try/drop goal against NZ then all charges dropped, if he fumbles it and we het booted out of the pool stages then 10 years hard labour…..

…in Wales, because it hasn’t been mentioned for a while. 😆

anagallis_arvensis

Any irish want to give us any clues on irelands tictacs under Schmidt? Is he going to carry on with just booting the leather off the ball?

wrecker
    Free Member

Slades no mug a_a. Tuilagi got no change from him whatsoever.
    He’s certainly a more effective defender than eastmond or twelvetrees

anagallis_arvensis

I’ve not seen much of slade tbf. Didnt he play inside Burgess in an A game? They were all crap that day so not really a fair reflection. Bit of a worry if he plays with a lack of international experience.

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s him or barritt!
    To be fair he made a very good account of himself in the bar bars game.

Freester

I’d love to know what’s going on with Cappucino and this Drink Driving non-charge.

I mean normally there’s no messing. You’re over the limit, you get done. So what’s going on? Clever lawyer found a loophole with some technicalities?

Edit just noticed similar post ^^^^^

As for Burgess. If they can’t make their mind up whether to play him back row or centre by now then my gut feeling is he probably isn’t quite up to the mark to be playing for an international team in the RWC?

Unless he’s some kind of back row / centre utility sub a bit like Austin Healey who could deputise at Scrum Half / Wing / Full Back?

wrecker
    Free Member

I reckon there’s more to the burgess thing than meets the eye. Did the rfu make some promises to bring him from league I wonder.

anagallis_arvensis

WALES TEAM TO PLAY IRELAND:

Hallam Amos (Newport Gwent Dragons); Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), Tyler Morgan (Newport Gwent Dragons), Scott Williams (Scarlets, capt), Eli Walker (Ospreys); James Hook (Gloucester Rugby), Mike Phillips (Racing Metro); Nicky Smith (Ospreys), Richard Hibbard (Gloucester), Aaron Jarvis (Ospreys), Jake Ball (Scarlets), Dominic Day (Bath Rugby), Ross Moriarty (Gloucester Rugby), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys, vice-capt), Dan Baker (Ospreys).

Replacements: Rob Evans (Scarlets), Kristian Dacey (Cardiff Blues), Scott Andrews (Cardiff Blues), James King (Ospreys), Taulupe Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons), Lloyd Williams (Cardiff Blues), Gareth Anscombe (Cardiff Blues), Matthew Morgan (Bristol Rugby).

Amos at fullback and Moriarty and Smith upfront will be interesting. Please God dont let Scott Williams get broken. Some dross though especially Day and Jarvis.

duckman

What’s the story with North?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not available for this one but possibly available for Dublin game (I think).

anagallis_arvensis

Northas far as I can tell was just not picked. Its very much a second 15 apart from S Williams.

wrecker
    Free Member

Apparently he hasn’t started to return to play protocols!

anagallis_arvensis

Is that because he hasnt been playing or because he’s not able to its hard to know.

Pigface
    Free Member

Hope Moriarty goes well, he is a bit abrasive for Gloucester 😆

I guess it runs in the family

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I reckon there’s more to the burgess thing than meets the eye. Did the rfu make some promises to bring him from league I wonder.

I suspect so. I also suspect that the “more..than meets the eye” in this case is simply money, sadly.

wrecker
    Free Member

I can’t think of too many occasions when you wouldn’t select george North, and he does need the game time. Kudos to club and country for considering his well being.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Likewise England and Mike Brown. Good to see it being taken seriously.

anagallis_arvensis

can’t think of too many occasions when you wouldn’t select george North

But when a reserve team is picked it would be one of them so lets not jump to conclusions just yet. Williams is the only current first team player in that team apart from Not Toby on the bench.

wrecker
    Free Member

Haha not Toby. Like it.
    I fancy ireland for the semis, losing to the ABs. They just don’t have the game to beat them. Shame as I reckon they’d give SA a damn good go.

anagallis_arvensis

Ireland are going to pump that Wales team senseless even if they pick their reserves, they have much more strength in depth.

IdleJon

They just don’t have the game to beat them.

Hmm, not sure. Samoa gave NZ a good game a few weeks ago (16 -25) by concentrating on the basics.

Pigface
    Free Member

Northampton Scum doing well on community engagement visit 😆

Yes I know its a non story but any excuse to slate them 😉

loum
    Free Member

George North ampton scum?

wrecker
    Free Member

Hmm, not sure.

Hmm. Hoofing the ball to the ABs? What could go wrong? 😆

IdleJon

If they have a solid game plan after the hoofing then, no problem. If it’s ‘hoof and let’s see what happens’ then problem. 😆

Samoa’s gameplan was very simple. Tackle the @#$& out of them, make them hurt. It almost worked.

Pigface
    Free Member

loum I admit it’s a dilemma.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pigface, I assume you meant this;

Nice.

Didn’t even have the decency to nick a golf cart.

anagallis_arvensis

North wasnt there he was in a cryogenic chamber in poland or something!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Ire 2nd XV, apart from Heaslip and Ross.

15. Felix Jones (Shannon/Munster) 11
    14. Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster) 57
    13. Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster) 39
    12. Darren Cave (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster) 8
    11. Fergus McFadden (Old Belvedere/Leinster) 28
    10. Paddy Jackson (Dungannon/Ulster) 9
    9. Eoin Reddan (Old Crescent/Leinster) 60

8. Jamie Heaslip (Dublin University/Leinster) capt 72
    7. Tommy O’Donnell (UL Bohemians/Munster) 8
    6. Jordi Murphy (Lansdowne/Leinster) 9
    5. Donnacha Ryan (Shannon/Munster) 28
    4. Iain Henderson (Ballynahinch/Ulster) 17
    3. Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster) 49
    2. Richardt Strauss (Old Wesley/Leinster) 6
    1. Jack McGrath (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) 17

Replacements
    16. Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster) 83
    17. Dave Kilcoyne (UL Bohemians/Munster) 12
    18. Michael Bent (Dublin University/Leinster) 2
    19. Dan Tuohy (Ballymena/Ulster) 9
    20. Chris Henry (Malone/Ulster) 16
    21. Kieran Marmion (Corinthians/Connacht) 3
    22. Ian Madigan (Blackrock/Leinster) 18
    23. Simon Zebo (Cork Con/Munster) 15

anagallis_arvensis

Much stronger irish side then the Wales team.

loum
    Free Member

decent look to that side.
    Would add Jack McGrath to the list of 1st teamers, man in possession and his big rival’s recovering from neck surgery. so he’s guaranteed “31”, and 1st choice starter till something changes.
    Same but opposite for Trimble, if that makes any sense. Player of the year a season ago then injured. In my eyes he just needs a bit of game time and prove his fitness and he’s in for sure. Fitz and Zebo did alright – another 6N championship 😉 , but neither really absolutely nailed down the start.
    Of the rest, I’d say Henderson’s putting most pressure on a starting spot, be it 5 or 6.
    The rest are mostly playing for squad spots, with most of that pack going to WC (Murphy, Henry and TOD battling for two places ?), and 3 of them backs most at risk – can’t see Cave, Earls and Mcfadden all making it but one might.

Interesting that Bent’s covering tighthead after playing more at loose lately – possible option for only taking 5 props but that’s a massive risk with Healy’s neck and every game needing 4 now. More likely that 6 will go, poss these 4 plus Healy and Marty Moore, with Bent just adding a bit of extra versatility.

Edit: Wales, Wales, Wales, Wales, Wales

anagallis_arvensis

The irish pack will be too strong for the welsh team picked. The irish do have good depth to their squad.

loum
    Free Member

Irish depth is in front row, back row and wings – there’ll be some good players left out in all those positions.
    Second row is 4 good players – POC, Toner, Henderson, Ryan all good enough and likely to go IMO, but not too much after that – Tuohy’s got a chance but not if Ryan comes back to the form he had before injury.

Half backs is the big one – Murray and Sexton need wrapping in cotton wool. The rest are ok but not in the same bracket. That team of “abrasive” “welsh” “thugs” looks like it was picked with one intention only 😉 Glad they’re not gonna get the chance to spoil the party before it starts.

And centres is anyones’s guess – Joe’s first choice is obvious, but have fewer caps than any other pairing in world rugby. Back-up’s gonna be a mix of 3rd choice fly halves, converted wingers, and Darcy’s beard.

And FB is hardly “strength in depth” – Kearney and Felix Jones. If Jones was any good he’d have put a lot more Pressure on RK’s place by now, with his recent form.

Must admit you’ve got it right about that pack though. Should be the right blend of proven international quality, and players with points to prove, to make them strong enough to take it. Welsh backs could snatc enough points to make it interesting though, especially at home.

anagallis_arvensis

Fair point. The welsh halfbacks are experienced and the rest are potentially pretty good. Second row invthat welsh team is rubbish Day is a journey man pro at best and the welsh backrow untested.

loum
    Free Member

wrecker – Member

I fancy ireland for the semis, losing to the ABs. They just don’t have the game to beat them. Shame as I reckon they’d give SA a damn good go.

POSTED 2 DAYS AGO # REPORT-POST

This needs clearing up, it won’t happen.

Ireland are in pool D and NZ in pool C.
    The top two from these 2 play each other in the QF’s. 1st v 2nd.
    They then can’t meet until the final.
    If, IF, Ireland’s plan was to work out in their favour, they beat France (and Italy) to top spot in D and get to play the runners up in C – likely Argentina. France get NZ.
    Then they’d face a Semi against the winner of the group A 1st v group B 2nd match- England or Samoa on current world rankings.

And the NZ/France winner plays the winner of the group B 1st ( South Africa??) v group A 2nd (Australia??) QF match in the other Semi.

Basically- Ireland can’t meet NZ in the semi’s.
    It’s either the quarters, avoiding them by topping the group above France, or the final.

For refference:

Sat Oct 17 41 QF1: W Pool B v RU Pool A Twickenham Stadium 16:00 –
    Sat Oct 17 42 QF2: W Pool C v RU Pool D Millennium Stadium 20:00 –
    Sun Oct 18 43 QF3: W Pool D v RU Pool C Millennium Stadium 13:00 –
    Sun Oct 18 44 QF4: W Pool A v RU Pool B Twickenham Stadium 16:00 –
    Sat Oct 24 45 SF1: W QF1 v W QF2 Twickenham Stadium 16:00 –
    Sun Oct 25 46 SF2: W QF3 v W QF4 Twickenham Stadium 16:00 –
    Fri Oct 30 47 Bronze Final The Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Park 20:00 –
    Sat Oct 31 48 Final Twickenham Stadium 16:00

anagallis_arvensis

So if Engerland come second they get SA in the quarter?

loum
    Free Member

Yup

and if Wales come first, they would avoid South Africa until the final by which time SA would likely have met NZ

(assuming SA finish above Samoa and Scotland in group B)

It’s designed so you don’t play your groupmate again until the final if you were to both make it

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.