• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 5,121 through 5,160 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • IdleJon

No, not drinking. Watch it again. One heel to the head, then another, then he changes foot and kicks Murray in the shoulder and then swaps again to his other foot for a kick at the shoulder. Seriously, wtf were you watching?

It doesn’t matter whether he contacted lightly, he still managed to take Murray off the pitch. Was it any different to a mistimed tackle that took a player out in the air? Or a player who accidentally lifts a players legs more than 90 and dumps them on tgeir back? Both of which would be a straight yellow. Take your eye-patches off ‘chaps’.

Btw, I agree with DanW – England were far and away the better team. They look better than Wales at the mo.

wrecker
    Free Member

The ball was on the ground. Brown was absolutely entitled to kick it away. Murray should not have been cuddling the ball on the ground. Penalty england.

anagallis_arvensis

think Farrell get very petulant with a player on the ground at about 56 mins

Was that clearing out about two rucks before the try? I would have liked to see that from the other angle.

IdleJon

I agree wrecker, but the penalty then gets superseded by the unintentional foul play.

anagallis_arvensis

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96w_lT_Dl4s[/video]

duckman

Even more one eyed than your WC predictions Kryton? Why don’t you just adopt the Wrecker defence of anybody who is critical of England is chippy and bitter? Or if you are a WC winner,a dick.

wrecker
    Free Member

Possibly idlejon, but it’s wrong to colour brown the villain. He was perfectly entitled to kick that ball. The ref hadn’t blown for holding on (as he should), Murray was clearly cheating.

Or if you are a WC winner,a dick.

Actually I called him a prick, because he is. Npothing to do with being a WC winner. Mark Regan has won a WC. He’s a prick too.

Kryton57

Duck man I reference my own posts if you read what I said.

See wrecker above, there’s no more to be said. But I think you’ll find I too have criticised England and England’s players, despite being a fan.

onehundredthidiot

a_a yes that might be it. Just to the right of the posts iirc

duckman

Superb! So that is now an England pen? 😀

brakes
    Free Member

has anyone got anything constructive to say about the actual performances? rather than just baiting each other?

wrecker
    Free Member

England are failing at 9/10. Ford and Youngs are struggling. The defensive pattern is prone to the inside line (as Ireland found in the 2nd half) and the forwards are not mobile enough. When the 2nd rows are quicker than the flankers, there is something wrong.

grahamt1980

Billy was awesome, itoje looks like he will be an amazing player.
    Glad sexton made it through without any more head damage.
    Do we think eddie Jones is going to start being able to feed the amazing junior players into the first team?

grahamt1980

Also am surprised that Ireland got away with getting done in as many scrums inside their own 22 as they did in the first half

anagallis_arvensis

has anyone got anything constructive to say about the actual performances?

Yes, if Wales can hang onto the England power game for 60mins and be within a score they have a chance. How dumb were Ireland going high on Vunipola time after time and why was the irish linespeed so poor in defence, they let England run at them in a very passive manner.

dantsw13

First half, I think Ireland were overplaying slightly, without tying in the defence first, and repeatedly got caught behind the gain line. Billy & Watson were immense, and I think Ireland would have felt lucky to be within 3 at halftime.

I was disappointed with Ireland’s kicking game – the chase was never quite close enough to put pressure on.

Overall an enjoyable game. England need to cut out the yellow cards.

dantsw13

AA – I think that 20 minute England attacking phase in the first half took a lot out of Ireland. The replacements looked noticeably fresher.

anagallis_arvensis

True england powered on at the start of the second half but then faded in the last 15 with ireland finishing stronger.

Kryton57

The replacements looked noticeably fresher.

…against the same England team, and we wobbled. Perhaps our subs should have come on sooner to counter that. For one thing, Lawes could have least shown some minor enthusiasm when he came on. It hardly lifts a team to see a replacement moping onto the pitch.

anagallis_arvensis

That fat hooker doesnt look to have the best darts either

wrecker
    Free Member

I think being down to 14 didn’t help with the “wobble”

dantsw13

Down to 14 twice in the 2nd half definitely didn’t help!!

IdleJon

The ref hadn’t blown for holding on (as he should), Murray was clearly cheating.

That’s an interesting point. Refs this season are pretty much allowing a free for all at the ruck. I’m not sure why. But if you want Murray to be penalised for handling then you concede a penalty at just about every English ruck as well. Everyone is doing it, every ref is allowing it. England cheated at the ruck just as much as Ireland, as did Wales, France et al, all the way down through the club game this season. Even Super Rugby.

wrecker
    Free Member

Plenty of penalty turnovers though Idlejon. If there is an attempt at the ball, it normally gets blown. There has always been that second or so before the posting of the ball permitted but lying on the deck cuddling the bloody thing whilst the opposition try to kick it away is ridiculous. All he had to do was let go.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

I’m sure I mentioned at some point that Brown was a kn*b…….

Hopefully he’ll be cited and receive a lengthy ban. I don’t care whether he’s innocent or not – I just don’t like him.

The good thing is that England seem to be developing some sort of system of play. Hopefully that means that when EJ decides to dispense with donkeys like Farrell and Haskell then the thoroughbreds that come in will be able to slot into the system easily enough.

wrecker
    Free Member

Well I for one want to see the back of Ben Youngs – he’s plainly shit and Ford – he is way out of his depth.

Kryton57

Youngs kicked most of he ball away.

grahamt1980

Just had a look on the planet rugby forum page. Holy crap that place makes this thread look like a church meeting

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

. I don’t care whether he’s innocent or not – I just don’t like him.

Kind of sums a lot up….

Were they playing rugby out there or bridge?

It’s the players fault not the refs when you get lots of penalties but it’s a shame when the whistle dominates the game. The championship will probably hinge on a ref’s “guess” at scrum or ruck.

dantsw13

Oh my – what a bitter piece of writing!! He must hate England even more than Stephen Jones. The hit by Youngs on Sexton was a great tackle.

duckman

wrecker – Member
    Well I for one want to see the back of Ben Youngs – he’s plainly shit and Ford – he is way out of his depth.

Nonsense,the Times gave him 7/10 for the purpose and intent in his game. Young’s got the same and had a good game and played with “boldness”

onehundredthidiot

The issue with the sexton tackle isn’t the timing. He’s getting rattled about because he’s running across the pitch the hit is into his side not front on. The big swinging arm from haskell is more proof that his time is done.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Despite what he said, I doubt very much that Eddie was happy with that performance. A huge amount of domination in the first half but no cutting edge to ring off chances. We should have been out of sight by half time. The discipline was terrible; so many needless penalties in attaching positions. Haskell was don’t pretty well defensively until his late and high hit on Murray which was just dull. He and Robshaw were so bloody slow. Hopefully one or both will be changed for the next match.

Youngs was utter shite too – his passing is awful. There were so many balls thrown at head or foot height. Ford remained suspect and Farrell continues to prove that he isn’t a 12. Billy was immense again and is probably the stand out player this tournament. Watson looked spritely and Itoje gave a good account of himself. Harltley shops have been subbed earlier because he was nailed and started to miss tackles. Ireland seemed to play too too much rugby in the wrong parts of the pitch.

I think the Brown incident was accidental, but I guess with green glass on it was a red! He is a spikey, aggressive player but I don’t think he’d do something like that on purpose. I know a lot of people don’t like him but I don’t think he in the same camp as Callum Clark when it comes to deliberately hurting people.

I still think the championship is Wales to loose. It’s all of the talk about the next match being the decider, they have the experience to deal with the pressure.

onehundredthidiot

Brown incident wasn’t accidental, nor deliberate attempt to kick the player in the head. But it was reckless and deliberately so the multiple statements show that he was trying to clear the ball.

Players have a responsibility for others on the pitch. Something some from all sides seem to forget.

Pigface
    Free Member

Without the Tongan england forwards didn’t do much, if he gets hurt what would the plan be?

mindmap3
    Free Member

What a truly terrible article; who the fudge is Luther Watson?

As for England being arrogant for walking back to halfway after thinking they’d scored a try. Nice bit of BS Bingo there. Of course we’re the only ones to do this. I bet it’s be gamesmanship if Ireland did it! All teams do it when they’re confident a try has been scored. The guy comes across as very, very bitter.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Without the Tongan england forwards didn’t do much, if he gets hurt what would the plan be?
    POSTED 13 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

And what do Wales do if they’re local born and bred 8 is injured? It’s not as though we’re the only ones who use the rules. I’d suggest the likes of Scotland are relying more on the likes of Nel.

anagallis_arvensis

still think the championship is Wales to loose

What an odd thing to say given England ate the only unbeaten team and Wales at home.

Pigface
    Free Member

Oooh touchy 😆

We would struggle but more than one of our forwards contributed, now answer the question 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 5,121 through 5,160 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.