• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 4,561 through 4,600 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Actually, isn’t it a card for a tip tackle?

scotroutes

Touchdown! (almost)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Irish scrum getting demolished.

anagallis_arvensis

Ireland very lucky not to have someone binned with 3 dropped scrums in a row.

anagallis_arvensis

Actually, isn’t it a card for a tip tackle?

Warburton will be putting more pins in his Rolland doll again tonight!!!

sputnik
    Free Member

Well,well,welll. During the Aus v NZ sevens match NZ was 10-17 down and scored a converted try in the dying moments of the game, thus drawing the game.
    Turns out they had eight players on the field.
    First video shows it clearly.
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/did-new-zealand-field-eight-players-when-scoring-try-to-snatch-draw-against-australia/news-story/a14d7b39c1d49478379cc8046081325b

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

New Zealand? Cheating?

Whodathunkit? 😉

DanW
    Free Member

Annoying to see some niggly stuff like high tackles let go and the things already mentioned but I guess the flip side is a very exciting game so far. Very tense!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Surely has to be a card at the next scrum. Ireland getting mullered.

anagallis_arvensis

Tense

anagallis_arvensis

Fair result

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well after the mullering I thought we’d get, I find myself strangely disappointed. Garces did a poor job, but to be fair, Warbs stepped up manfully and reffed the game really well. 😀

Kryton57

Fair results and perhaps unfairly puts England at top. The big Question is will England improve enough to beat one of those?

Both sets of backs better than England, we’ll miss a 7 (again) vs Wales. Pity Biggar is off he looked about to be MoM.

A conundrum, it’s all wide open.

IdleJon

Garces did a poor job,

I’ve just rewound to the last Irish penalty – no18 offside from the kick, it was claimed. He simply wasn’t. Well done fotr giving it to the Irish, Garces! Add that to the card that Earls should have had for two tip tackles (he made another after the penalised one), add in the obvious high tackle on North in the first half and the string of scrum penalties that should have been carded. What’s he actually watching?

Oh, and the morons on ITV are wrong -the last draw between Wales and Ireland was 1991, 21-21.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You should put a video dossier together IJ.

igm

Interesting interpretation of the high tackle all weekend, but the Welsh boy (Roberts?) was definitely lucky not to get an explanation of the rules from the ref.

grahamt1980

Is it wrong to be amused at itv using Martin bayfield to do the post match interviews.
    Quite funny to see all of them having to look up at him

IdleJon

deadlydarcy – Member
    You should put a video dossier together IJ.

POSTED

You always get defensive when an Irish team or Irish ref is involved.

igm

Is DD not Welsh then? 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wouldn’t stop me supporting them if I wanted though. Plenty of others don’t let it stop them. 😀

anagallis_arvensis

Warbs stepped up manfully and reffed the game really well.

He should have pinged the irish for taking out players way beyond or to the side of rucks then.

Roberts tackle wasnt high hit him on the chest. No idea whatvthe video ref was watching for the clear high tackle on North or the second lifting tackke by Keet Earls.

duckman

Kryton,should you not put the kiss of death on England at this point by predicting a grand slam? 😈

anagallis_arvensis

Should we get the mods to close this? Seems daft having two threads

Kryton57

Kryton,should you not put the kiss of death on England at this point by predicting a grand slam?

No, they aren’t good enough. It’s a 3 way on points difference in my head, England to be denied becuase I don’t believe we are as capable as amassing the points as Wales or Ireland.

duckman

anagallis_arvensis – Member

Should we get the mods to close this? Seems daft having two threads

Posted 2 hours ago #Report-Post
    The pedant in me feels this is the whole season thread.

igm

Ok the way an admittedly biased Scot saw the weekend overall.

England looked like a poor side playing well – in other words I think they’re in a dead end.

A big pack and poor backs might (will) win games in the 6 nations, but if you have aspirations on the world stage forget it. Also their captain didn’t look like he had his place on merit when the subs came on. Troubling.

Scotland looked like a decent side (not spectacular) playing badly. They know the England game was theirs for the taking and they didn’t. Their backs were in a different class to England’s except for the final passes. If Russell had passed to Hogg, or even kicked in field, that was the game – England weren’t coming back. How they cope with that mentally after the Australian defeat will be interesting.

Wales and Ireland – look like the teams to beat. Solid performances that kind of cancelled out. Wales didn’t panic at 13-0, Ireland didn’t at 13-16.

France – who knows? They got the win, but… They could get their act together and improve they might not.

Italy? Well I don’t know if I’d like to face them in Rome this year. If they take the performance not the result away from Saturday, then they might fancy England.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

He did not want to take risks yesterday and you have to say England got it spot on with their tactics. It was horses for courses. Any win at Murrayfield is a good win

Is the view of another Scot – Geechs knows a thing or two!!

wrecker
    Free Member

England looked like a poor side playing well – in other words I think they’re in a dead end.

I think they were deserved winners of the Calcutta cup. I though the scots lacked accuracy and metal. Once englands injuries clear up, EJ will be able to select the team as he wants it. Dead end is complete nonsense.

they might fancy England.

At least one celtic poster has said that on here for the last 4 years…..

igm

Don’t disagree with the comments above on England and their tactics – nor do I think they disagree with my views. Ten man rugby was the way to beat a Scottish side with a pack that never really fired on all cylinders. On the day England deserved the win, but where do they go from here with that side / style of play? Not clear. They certainly won’t be troubling the Southern Hemisphere.

Pick a different England team and I might give a answer on that last point of course.

And Billy as I’ve said was a bit good.

anagallis_arvensis

“he pedant in me feels this is the whole season thread.”

I agree but now we have two its daft

wrecker
    Free Member

Pick a different England team and I might give a answer on that last point of course.

I think he will. Jones was limited in the amount of new players he could bring in. Players like Slade, Ewers, Manu are either injured or not match fit.
    To top it off, he only gets 2 weeks with the team before a big game against the scots at Murrayfield.
    He also has a problem that most of the bath players (normally the bolters of the team) are badly out of form. I would love to have seen the likes of Daly, Beaumont, Itoge etc, but I can understand why in this instance he went for familiarity/known quantities. He really really didn’t want to lose.

tiggs121
    Free Member

England did exactly as the coach asked them to do – a game plan to win the game -it worked.

Without Billy V then that game plan may not have worked. I reckon we’ll see different England teams and tactics for each match. I don’t see them at a dead end.

As a Scotsman I’m sad to say we don’t have the players to change much – we just need to execute better………

………and Straus for Denton would be a change worth considering.

duckman

I think Strauss would have started if he wasn’t struggling for form himself. Denton is off his gamejust now but Vunipola was England’s best player and would have made any of the 6N 8’s look poor,even Parisse.

anagallis_arvensis

Faletau is the better player imo. Vunipola carries exceptionallywell but Faletau does much more. Faletaus try was also very special he made it look easy picking up a loose ball on the run, getting through the tackle and reaching out to score.

igm

The man who made Parisse look poor every so often on Saturday was Parisse himself. Trying too hard on occasion. That said some of the rest of the time he was inspired.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can we please consolidate in to one thread? I nominate this one to continue.

duckman

Seconded.

surfer
    Free Member

I though Wales looked ragged for at least the 1st half. Solid in defence but made a number of errors that brought the pressure upon themselves. Ireland didnt look very threatening in attack other than one or two moment.
    Roberts was colossal! Lydiate came on late and didnt appear the Lydiate of old.

Wales lucky not to be penalised for at least 2 clear forward passes and both incidents were tip tackles under the rules and should have been penalised as such.
    Warburton must have been livid!!

England didn’t look a good side but they were good enough to beat Scotland who really did play poorly
    I think the Six Nations title this year is definitely between Ireland and Wales

I didnt see any evidence of that. Neither Ireland nor Wales looked impressive. Early days yet and any of those 3 could could still develop some form.

dragon
    Free Member

Let this one die, it isn’t world cup year anymore.

tinybits
    Free Member

But it’s not about the world cup, or the 6 nations, it’s about this seasons rugby.

Talking of which, Leicester were absolutely bloody awful this weekend!

Viewing 40 posts - 4,561 through 4,600 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.