• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 4,521 through 4,560 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • anagallis_arvensis

I thought Matt Scott was good too. Scotland attacked Farrels outside shoulder with pace and he looked vulnerable. Englands forwards ground them down. Scotland needed to move them about more and keep the ball in play. Englands bench was far far stronger than scotlands too.

Kryton57

…dangerous back three players

Who are the other two?

DanW
    Free Member

Matt Scott is a fantastic rugby player. Great to see him back and keep Scotland going forwards. Always made ground even running in to a wall of white.

Not sure on Cusiter though wrecker 😉 … Or the England “venom” THM

igm

Kryton57 – Member
    …dangerous back three players
    Who are the other three?

ftfy – hth

wrecker
    Free Member

On that subject; Roko looked very strong for b*** last night.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure Custer ran out for Sale at Welford Rd earlier this afternoon, did he have a private plane to get him to Murrayfield?

anagallis_arvensis

Given the shit ball they got I thought the England back 3 looked sharp. Farrel was rubbish at 12.

wrecker
    Free Member

? I thought Farrell did well. If anyone, Ford looked iffy. Joseph didn’t look too hot either.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

For me, Ford was pretty anonymous all game.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure Custer ran out for Sale at Welford Rd earlier this afternoon, did he have a private plane to get him to Murrayfield?

Well spotted! I always get him and Laidlaw confused (racist etc etc)! 😳

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Was Ford playing?

England look very beatable. Slow ball, woeful in midfield.
    Scotland reverted to type, after a decent start, just became turgid and lacking direction.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Don’t know why, Laidlaw is quick of thought and hand, whereas Cusiter moves and thinks like treacle! And I say this as a Sale fan, we were hoping he would be called up by Scotland..

wrecker
    Free Member

Dunno! Mental block. I think Cusiter is/was a fine player though.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Put it this way, Sale move up several notches when Stringer is on the field.

wrecker
    Free Member

Yeah, but to be fair he is exceptional still. Bath are missing him big. Matawalu doesn’t even compare.

mikey3
    Free Member

Is the Ireland wales game on bbc ? they were pushing the radio 5live coverage for it today,have sky bought the rights or something?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

ITV, I think. Sadly.

anagallis_arvensis

I thought Farrell did well

At what?

wrecker
    Free Member

Put himself about, kicked well. Made his tackles (or at least connected). Not sure you can single him out for being particularly poor considering the performance of those around him. Go on, admit it, you just don’t like him do you a_a? 😀

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Farrell was better than Ford, who basically disappeared. Farrell is going to cost England a game though, his push on Laidlaw was not only petulant but really thick thinking. I understand he was trying to get Laidlaw to knock the ball into touch, but even I know he should have wrapped Laidlaw up “to stop him falling over Sir, sorry it made him knock on” 😉

anagallis_arvensis

He was all over the shop in defence, got bailed out by the 13 once when the winger went outside him. Made 0 impact carrying or passing. Bloody good kicker though.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Poorish game but England won’t mind – they got the win.

The midfield was pedestrian but there was little quick ball and no turnover ball to work with. The breakdown is still an issue.

If Russell had simply shipped the ball on to Hogg after he’d made that interception, instead of hoofing it away, it was surely a try…..

tallie
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    Bloody good kicker though.

His kicking out of hand was ok but he missed a penalty he should have got if he’s going to justify his place in the team as a kicker. I didn’t think he did much else.

I’ll admit to not liking him though largely because of the annoying niggily stuff he does like the push on Laidlaw today. I can’t help thinking if he’d tried that 15 years ago someone like Scot Gibbs or Johnson would have made him aware very early in his career that it was a bad idea; although to be fair Schalk Brits did his best…

I feel the same about Ashton.

I wasn’t hugely encouraged by today – we still can’t pass the ball down the backline without most players over running and we still run out of ideas in the opposition 22 after about 5 phases.

surfer
    Free Member

Put it this way, Sale move up several notches when Stringer is on the field.

Agreed. He is better in every department that Cusiter. Shame we will likely only get 1 more season. Bit like Hines (water boy yesterday) who came to Sale, fitted in but was too near the end of his career.

Kryton57

Odd that Farrell was there for his kicking but missed half of them. There’s no inventiveness or worrisome size in the backs with the exception of Watsons pace and running into space, but that becomes 1 vs 15 – note how Watson had to go looking for the ball.

We need line breakers and guile. I wondered if jones saw Farrell as a gitaeu-a-like for this match, but Slade is more suited to that. All the good teams have a Tindal/Greenwood, Nonu/Smith, Giteau/Mortlock.

DanW
    Free Member

Roberts/ Davies (Williams) 🙂 I guess Tuilagi/ Slade is close but not defensively ideal???

anagallis_arvensis

I think Jones see’s Farrel as another kicking option to go with his monster pack. You wouldnt pick that back row and play with a distributing 12.
    If Jones sees Farrel as a Gitaux like player you lot have picked the wrong coach.

Kryton57

I did say “for this match”.

I’m wondering if he play 10 with deveto at 12 at least for the second half next week.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Right, predictions please…..

With a touch of pessimism, I’m going to say Ireland by 5.

tallie
    Free Member

I think Wales by 3 -5 points.

anagallis_arvensis

I think Ireland’s kicking game will be too much for our back 3 and then they will maul us to death. Expect to see Biggar dropping back to field high kicks a lot.

juanking

Sanjay in for Anscombe….

anagallis_arvensis

Loopy Liam has played 1 game since the World Cup, mind you Anscombe has only played about 3 and those have been at 10.. I is worried.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ireland can kick and chase all they want, but without Kearney and some others, I can’t see the Welsh back three having any great problems with that game. Meaning the green machine would have to revert to Plan B. There is no Plan B. No O’Brien, no Healey, so the Welsh pack will have plenty of fun and games with their opposite numbers. Man for man, they’re way better up front.

In the unlikely event of Wales having to catch up in the second half, they have lots more options on the bench. Ireland have Cronin, Madigan and (maybe) Kearny.D to do something different…but not different enough.

Plenty of pundits predicting Wales by 10-12 with which I’d agree.

The green machine is a bit too broken to repeat last year’s feats, apart from losing to Wales, which they will.

anagallis_arvensis

Never under estimate Wales abiluty to be shit!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Nor Ireland’s. 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Game of the tournament so far!

anagallis_arvensis

Good gamecso far. Shame about the score!

anagallis_arvensis

**** irish crowd booing their player getting lucky with a tip tackle

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Classy booing from the Irish there.

Tips tackle is a penalty. Deal with it.

The Irish treatment was nice done earlier. Good game, this.

Viewing 40 posts - 4,521 through 4,560 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.