• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • anagallis_arvensis

Wales play ireland in a week let the bickering commence.
    last week Samson Lee was making good progress this week he’s touch and go to make world cup. Wales have no scrum without him.
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/33691095

Big Gav struggling with his busted leg too!

Super Gavin Henson ?@UnrealGavHenson

Horrible what happened to Cecil. Not seen a Lion treated that cruelly since Sir Clive managed Big Gav on the New Zealand tour of 2005!

wrecker
    Free Member

A friend saw gav in Asda (I shit you not) the other day. Said he had no limp and looked strong as ****!
    Another friend plays for bris and he said that gav is more professional in his approach than anyone he’s ever met (he’s played AP rugby previously). Doesn’t drink on the coach, meticulous in what he eats and trains like a maniac.

anagallis_arvensis

and he’s damn sexy!

Actually a lot of coaches have said the same about him.

toys19
    Free Member

I’m plannimg on putting 100 quid on wales knocking england out of pool stages. Then I’m happy either way.

anagallis_arvensis

I think England will be too strong at home. If Samson doesnt make it and anyone else drops out Wales start to look a bit weak. And we never beat Aus.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ireland, if they were to win their group would most likely face Argentina in the quarters.

However, as it’s the RWC, they will under-perform, scrape out of the group on points difference with Johnny Sexton either injured or misfiring, scoring approx 50% of his kicks, put in a miraculous first half performance against the ABs, stretching out to a +17 point lead at half time, only to concede 47 points in the second half, scoring only 7 with a last minute try, losing by 23 points. 😀

(Cannot wait for the Australia/England/Wales group though – so many permutations.)

anagallis_arvensis

The ireland wales game at the last world cup is one of my fav ever games. Wales beat the shit out of ireland that day. The build up to the first try was perfect rugby.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, hard one to watch but I did enjoy seeing them go out to the French, who should have gone on and won it.

duckman

Was there some incident in the French game that pissed off the Welsh? 😆

anagallis_arvensis

Cant remember!!! I have blanked it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@aa you’d have to favour England with the home advantage and your continual inability to beat the weakest Southern Hemisphere side is a hard run to break at a World Cup. That being said I think the teams will take it out of each other and it will possibly mean none progress too far. NZ and the Bok’s are red hot favourites

I think these warm up games are a bit of a phoney war, not sure how much we’ll learn from them.

wrecker
    Free Member

I **** LOVE the RWC. Whatever happens, and even if england go out in the group stage, I’ll still enjoy the **** out of it.
    Such a brilliant festival of rugby, the absolute pinnacle. jnr is a bit too young at 19 months to enjoy it, but I have him in training (and I’m not joking) and in 4 years he’ss be prime RWc fodder to join his dad in spectating.

anagallis_arvensis

continual inability to beat the weakest Southern Hemisphere side

I know it really pisses me off when we lose to Fiji, Samoa and Argentina we havent managed to lose to Uraguay yet though I dont think.

Kryton57

What Wrecker said.

In 2003 I wore my RWC top (now bagged and stored , still unwashed with beer stains) on every England game even at work for luck. kj01 and I will be doing the same this year.

England will be hard to beat, and are the best England team since 2003 but not up to those dizzy heights. I reckon it’s SA this year.

Houns

Can’t bloody wait!

Gutted I got no tickets

ENGLAND!!!!

anagallis_arvensis

Best England team since 2003 doesnt mean much does it?!!

What starting 15 do people expect?

Wales

1/2p
    Cuthbert or Liam Williams if he makes it.
    Scott Williams
    Roberts
    North
    Biggar
    Webb
    Faletau
    Warburton
    Lydiate
    Charteris
    AWJones
    Lee ( please god )
    Hibbard
    Smith

Pigface
    Free Member

Yep love the World Cup but pissed off at the cost of tickets and the fact I didn’t get any. Some of the prices are ludicrous 🙄

england no chance, to many fragile players and the expectation will be huge. Fragile mentally

Would give a testicle for Wales to win it, can’t see past NZ retaining it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

let the bickering commence.

Why? This isn’t Wendy.

Watching NZ v SA last weekend made me nervous for the rest. It felt like the whole match was on FF. And the physicality seemed on a different level.

Just had to turn down QF at Twikerd due to friends birthday 🙁

mefty
    Free Member

France will cause an upset, despite their current form, they always do something at the World Cup, the only time they have failed to make at least the semi-final was 1991.

wrecker
    Free Member

Is this likely to be SA’s last chance for many years?
    I think they have a player quota coming in?

phil40
    Free Member

Got tickets with my best mate to see New Zealand / Argentina, and then Australia / Wales. CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!

My only concern is that he is a total rugby fan and knows every player and every stat……..I just about know the team strips but love watching a good game, and weirdly I am the one who used to play rugby!

phil40
    Free Member

After many years at Uni where the welsh fans would cheer for anyone playing England I will most certainly be cheering the Aussies in their match!

Kryton57

I will most certainly be cheering the Aussies in their match!

Me too. Warrens lost his best forwards and England will tear them a new one their, and now our back line is up to the defence with attack options at last. Aus much closer vs Wales, but England to beat both. I do fear our lack of a 7 will cause issues against Aus, so we need to carry and stay standing up / be fast onto the ball or lose by pens.

England V Aus is the decider of that group, Wales will lose to both.

anagallis_arvensis

will most certainly be cheering the Aussies in their match!

You awful beast you!

anagallis_arvensis

Warrens lost his best forwards

Which ones are these then?

pk13

Has anyone got the tickets yet I’m still waiting for mine. Going to the villa to see aus

toys19
    Free Member

England V Aus is the decider of that group, Wales will lose to both.

Oh Kryton, I fear you are too optimistic. I feel an embarrassing exit coming on..

anagallis_arvensis

The England Wales game will be massive. If Wales get that team I posted on the pitch they will push England close. If Wales get a few points up it’ll be squeaky bum time.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I **** LOVE the RWC. Whatever happens, and even if england Wales go out in the group stage, I’ll still enjoy the **** out of it.

Edited! 😀

Can’t wait! Sadly, I feel Wales will go out in the group stage. 🙁

jambalaya
    Free Member

Has anyone got the tickets yet I’m still waiting for mine. Going to the villa to see aus

@pk13
    I got a text to say mine have been delivered, waiting to hear about the Mrs’s ones.

pk13

Umm did yours get delivered by DHL?
    I’m getting excited I just need to work out my second team.

Kryton57

anagallis_arvensis – Member

Which ones are these then?

Well Adam, obvs. Samson Lee isn’t and hasn’t shown he’s he force he was made out to be. England forwards – and now with Corbs, back, will shatter them in the scrum. In open play I’d say it was evens, at 7 we are as always at a disadvantage.

Burgess is a blunt instrument IMO, but could actually be a good impact sub running hard and straight from the centres – if we are leading at that point.

anagallis_arvensis

Well Adam, obvs.

He was rubbish once the hit was removed. He is also only one forward, you mentioned forwards?

Kryton57

I forget their names AA, they were that bad vs England I dismissed them from my memory

anagallis_arvensis

I forget their names AA, they were that bad vs England I dismissed them from my memory

1 Gethin Jenkins
    2 Richard Hibbard
    3 Samson Lee
    4 Jake Ball
    6 Dan Lydiate
    7 Sam Warburton (Captain)
    8 Taulupe Faletaue

All available apart from Samson Lee who you dont rate and doesnt include the “best forwards Warrens lost” which was Adam according to you. You are just making yourself look a bit foolish here. Who are these forwards Warrens lost?

Wasnt that the game Samson did his achiles?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

AA, at 5 you missed out AWJ and/or Girafferis.

Rubbish, eh, Kryton? I mean, none of them would make the Lions selection would they? Oh. Hold on….

Corbisiero is over-hyped and not really that good. Burgess isn’t even a rugby player yet and the poor lad is being lined up as the next great hero (Or, one assumes, villain to blame).

I’d take Lydiate, Faletau and Hovis over pretty much anyone playing in England these days.

In fact, give me the above, plus POC and Heaslip (Both real quality players) and I’m very happy with it as a pack.

Kryton57

Forgive my memory, I’ve been drinking prosseco for a while.

Although I do remember England crucifying the Welsh scrum, pretty much being the same players last time around. Or was that my (english) rose tinted glasses? Er, no it was actually real.

wrecker
    Free Member

Crikey CFH, you do talk some crap about rugby sometimes.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Go Bokke!

Kryton57

wrecker – Member
    Crikey CFH, you do talk some crap about rugby sometimes.

Lol, I assumed he was on the rum…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.