Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 2015-16 NBA Basketball thread (any STW fans?)
  • bennyboy1
    Free Member

Much like the NHL thread that popped up a month ago I thought I’d start a similar NBA basketball 2015-16 thread.

Any other NBA junkies on here?

I’ve been following the NBA daily since 1993-94 and have supported the incredibly unfashionable Utah Jazz ever since…

Utah looking to possibly break into the Western Playoffs this year although with such a young and up and coming team I’d probably be happy with a 44-38 record and continued hope that playoffs will be reached in 2016-17. Start of the season looks promising though – currently 4-4 and only played 2 games at home + combined away losses to Cleveland and Miami by only a combined 5 points shows the team is starting to get things together. Core of Gordon Hayward, Derrick Favors, Rudy Gobert, Alec Burks, Rodney Hood is quite possibly the best U-25 5 players in the league on any one team… Future is hopefully bright.

So, any NBA predictions out there by STW’ers? I continue to bask in the delight that the LA Lakers are absolutely horrible and look years from doing anything decent! 😀

orena45

Been a Magic fan since 1993 but have to admit over the last 3 years or so, I’ve been less and less bothered about keeping up with things.

I do know the Lakers are bad though, and like you I take much pleasure from that (not that I’m still bitter Shaq left us to go there!)

choppersquad
    Free Member

I love the NBA but I just can’t find anywhere to watch it.
    It used to be on Channel 4 on a Saturday morning but I don’t have cable so I think I’m a bit stuffed?

chojin
    Free Member

Anyone remember the London Towers?

Let’s go Towers, let’s go!

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I love the NBA but I just can’t find anywhere to watch it.
    It used to be on Channel 4 on a Saturday morning but I don’t have cable so I think I’m a bit stuffed?

If i’m right, i think it’s only on BT Sport, which means I’m chuffed

I’m a knicks fan

theotherjonv

I’m getting into it, mainly because over the last year or so my daughter has taken it up as her sport and so I’m trying to learn the game as well. Have been to see the local team a few times (Surrey Heat/United/Scorchers depending upon your take on the franchise situation) and as we have BT sport anyway been watching the NBA too.

So who should I support? Have no genuine affinity to any team / state / city, I guess the closest would be that I had a very happy honeymoon in SanFran and California, hence Golden State Warriors? But that feels a bit like picking the best team and being labelled a glory hunter. And as a Newcastle and Reading FC fan…..I’m no glory hunter.

tonyg2003

I went to the Brooklyn Nets vs Chicago Bulls two weeks ago when I was in NYC. Great to watch it live and interesting people watching. Might try to catch some this season.

Sawyer
    Free Member

Bizarrely I started following the Timberwolves at their nadir a few years back – after the KG years and into the David Kahn and Kurt Rambis era. It’s nice to see them slowly come back into it with Rubio, Wiggins, Towns et al.

I did subscribe to League Pass for a couple of years but can no longer justify the money or time.

orena45

Thread resurrection!

Golden State went 73-9 (WTF?!) and Kobe drops 60 in his final game! What a night for basketball fans!

Orlando sucked again this season, but not quite as much as the last couple of years so there’s some hope for the future.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Curry shining again he has now made 402 3 pointers this season! And he makes it look so easy.

theotherjonv

And the two older age group teams for my daughter’s club won at the weekend to go into the final fours of the U14 and U16 girls national tournaments. for a club that started only 3 years ago, that’s some spectacular progress.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8ind–QhGI[/video]

sofabear
    Free Member

orena45 – Member

Golden State went 73-9 (WTF?!) and Kobe drops 60 in his final game! What a night for basketball fans!

I used to be a big Warriors fan (from early 90s when I got into basketball – the Run TMC years) but stopped following it when I stopped playing. Now they’re doing so well I feel like a fraud.

NormalMan

My son and I follow the Rockets!

Although I think it will be quick exit from the playoffs v GSW.

He has league pass so will watching game 1 live this weekend!

bennyboy1
    Free Member

As the long term Utah fan who started this thread I’m still feeling somewhat sick following the Harlem Globetrotter style stitch up against the Lakers last night. Ridiculous to basically allow Kobe Bryant’s testimonial game to occur during the regular season, taking the most shots by an NBA player in one game in 30 years just so he can run a score up!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 NBA Basketball thread (any STW fans?)’ is closed to new replies.