Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 2014 XC60 – Talk to me
  • prawny

The 3 series is too low for the Mrs, so it’s going to have to go. We both like Volvos and the xc60 is my favourite out of them. Found a couple of new engined ones in budget. Fairly high mileage (low 80s) obvious company cars don’t look stressed from the pics but will inspect at the weekend.

Apart from checking that they’ve had the egr valve fix done are there any issues I should be aware of?

I’m quite keen on the idea of going to aber and pretending to be DCI Mathis next weekend 😆

Fat-boy-fat

I’ve got a 2010 D5 version, so its the same as the 2014 apart from some cosmetic changes up front. Other than the EGR valve, look out for temperature sensors in the cat and DGF plus roof drains blocking up. The only way to check the roof drains is to absolutely panel the windscreen area with a powerful jet wash and see if you get leaks inside.

prawny

Happy enough otherwise?

Surprised they’re not more popular on STW, they’re a perfect blend of hemp and a bit posh with added hinterland.

longmover
    Free Member

I have a 2012 D3 and I like it.

daern
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2014 XC60 D5 (with the polestar ECU update 🙂 )

Great car, plenty of room on the roof for bikes, nice and quick and has plenty of space in the boot for kit. New model coming early 2018, so push for a good price.

Make sure you get the heated seats – amazingly, it’s not a stock feature. Also, 2014 was the cut-over for the satnav – some models are map upgradeable from the Volvo website and others require a dealer visit. It depends which version you have. Mine is a mid-2014, and has the required update.

Oh, and heated steering wheels are awesome 🙂

Oh, and the big D5 like mine is a thirsty bugger. Quick, but thirsty…

prawny

The ones in my budget are early facelift ones, so very odd spec. The one’s im looking at have either heated seats or parking sensors, weirdly can’t find one with both 😕

Don’t think any of them have Nav, not that I’m massively bothered, had it before and always used my phone anyway.

I’m looking at new D4 ones, so I can save 100 quid on the tax.

daern
    Free Member

I’m looking at new D4 ones, so I can save 100 quid on the tax.

For a 2014 car, the difference between the D4 and D5 AWD is only £30 in tax – £190 vs £220.

prawny

We’re paddling in the FWD pool. £30.

Looking at £17k+ for a half decent 4wd one. I can’t afford that.

daern
    Free Member

According to the DVLA:
    VOLVO XC60, Model Year 2014 D4, 6MT – £135pa
    VOLVO XC60, Model Year 2014 D4, 6AT – £190pa
    VOLVO XC60, Model Year 2014 D5 AWD, 6AT – £220pa

prawny

Hmm, autotrader is saying 117g/km and £30.
    Not that it matters a huge amount, the other options are a Q3 which is £135 or a C-Max, which is a C-Max.

Fat-boy-fat

Try and get a SE lux spec if you can. Loads of doodles and wangles but nice chunky wheels. To answer your earlier question, love the mobile couch. Handles like a jelly, looks ugly and drinks fuel like there is no tomorrow but, it is soooooo comfy. I’d definitely buy another. 105k on the cl9ck and still going strong.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘2014 XC60 – Talk to me’ is closed to new replies.