Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 2014 Specialized Epic Expert Carbon World Cup value?
  • Bream
    Free Member

After opinions on what this frameset only is worth 2nd hand?

General condition is very good having been ridden 700miles, only 1 slight scuff on the top tube.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Used? Drop 50% then 10% per year…

Unless it’s really desirable

Bream
    Free Member

Yes, used and ridden ~700 miles.

I guess quite desireable as they seems to few a far between up for sale.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ok Specialized give you a 5 year warranty – used is 0, thats worth a big chunk off the price, the frames are easy to damage doing bearing changes – all OK in the pivots?
    It’s a race bike, how was it raced, by who, how hard through what?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

oh and is this a for sale post?

Bream
    Free Member

On the word of the seller, not seen it myself yet:

No bearing changes nor shock servicing; said given the low mileage and usage its not needed it.
    Doesn’t seemed to have been a racers hack; more a lux XC and he’s selling it due to a change in direction and lack of use.

Are Specialized a stickler for that warranty rule; or are there cases of goodwill coverage? Was hoping the latter.

New they seem to have retailed at about £7k for the complete bike; can’t find a frameset price but found $5.5k shown for the Sworks at that time.

Bream
    Free Member

Err no, it’s a wanted add actually 😉

br
    Free Member

£1000 would be a good negotiating place to start.

But FWIW 700 offroad miles could mean a load of wear, if rocky etc or next-to-no wear if just grass BW’s etc.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Goodwill coverage 😆 you want to risk it?

theocb
    Free Member

A 2014 Carbon comp frame is £1400 at the mo. I think the comp uses an all alu rear where the WC has one set of stays in Carbon

Bream
    Free Member

Fair enough 😐

That Carbon Comp is well priced actually, tempting in a way.

adsh
    Free Member

I looked at a ‘bargain’ frame but then had to add a fork (no mention of frameset) which means getting hold of a Brain widget. That’s £300 from Specialized – IF they will sell it to you and then you have to buy a set of forks at full retail from a dealer and pay Specialized to fit the Brain. For a set of World Cup SIDS that’s a total of £1200

eshershore
    Free Member

Are Specialized a stickler for that warranty rule; or are there cases of goodwill coverage? Was hoping the latter.

Things got drastically tightened up in the past 2 years and goodwill has been replaced by strict “original owner” and POP (proof of purchase) or they won’t even entertain the claim

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘2014 Specialized Epic Expert Carbon World Cup value?’ is closed to new replies.