• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by JB.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 2014 SID XX World Cups – am I being plain stooopid?!?!
  • JB
    Free Member

So my new forks finally arrived from CRC and they just won’t compress, it’s just like the lockout is on, but it’s not! Actually the pop lock won’t press in (and it’s definately not in already!).
    Have tried taking all the air out and repressurising the chamber but no difference!
    Aaaagggh am I missing the plain obvious, anyone else experienced this?

JB
    Free Member

???

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

I’ve no experience with this model but it sounds a bit like hydraulic lock – as in too much oil has been poured in!

Either that or the motion control unit in the right leg (I’m referring to my 2008 dual air SIDS) could be knackered. ON mine I can unscrew the unit and lift it out of the fork.

I’d give CRC a call and see what they say.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

It is probably the lockout needs bleeding, do you find it has very little movememnt between open and closed? Try setting turning the floodgate valve on the bottom of the lockout all the way to +. My 2011 models would not unlock untill i did this staying super firm nomatter how little pressure i put in. When you open the flood gate all the way the actuator should have a good 2cm of movement from locked to open. If i turn mine even a couple of notches to the – my lockout lever sucks down into its locked position and the forks react accordingly.

This was the result of my only finding this out after a full run of whites level >.> My mates kept telling me it was just the bedding in period and they would soften up soon enough…

Luckily due to the blowoff valve in the floodgate they will actually compress if you hit something hard enough, as evidenced by the o ring in the pic, so if adjusting the floodgate doesnt work you could try doing a couple of bunny hops and see if you get any travel. If they do not move at all then its probably a mechanical fault in the damper itself so a case for warranty…

Hope it helps,

T

Lakes_Puma

I’ve just got a pair of 29er SID XX (not world cup ones) and before I took delivery had read various threads about the XLoc needing bleeding.

I tested them last night and if I have the gate adjuster turned all the way to + then the only way I can unlock the forks is to hold the XLoc button right in with my thumb, as soon as I release the forks lock even though the XLoc button is still depressed.

Adjusting the gate control towards – sorts this out and the forks then operate correctly even after I let go of the button.

So I’m guessing mine need a bleed too, so seems like a common ‘issue’

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, needs a bleed. XLoc adds weight and defaults to locked if there’s a leak. Not a fan myself!

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’m with njee. xloc is a pain, i’d rather not have a lockout at all and save some weight and clutter as I never use it. It defaults to locked if requiring a bleed, which is handy?!

JB
    Free Member

Thanks guys, suspect the xloc is over filled and hydraulic locked.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘2014 SID XX World Cups – am I being plain stooopid?!?!’ is closed to new replies.