Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2014 SID or Pike
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

on a Tallboy, currently running fox 34’s at 140mm – want something new, front end feels a touch tall

Pikes then reduced to 120mm or 120mm SIDs

local stuff is flat (Lincolnshire) and i do Dalby/Peaks regular when the weather is better

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

flatter bars? flip the stem over? lose a spacer?

z1ppy

Those forks are a huge distance apart aren’t they? I would have expected you to suggest Revelation’s or Pike as the choice TBH.
    SID’s are more a light weight XC racer’s fork, and the Pike a very trail/enduro fork. Neither should be rubbish, the Pike is more comparable with the Fox 34 (weight/stiffness wise, if not performance).
    I personally am drawn more towards the Pike out of those two, but to be contrary will mention you might want to glance at the X-fusion Trace as an alternative to the pike (Assuming you’d prefer a stiffer fork)
    Can’t help on the Axle to crown measurements.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

flat bars, stem slammed and flipped

Sodajim

not sure pikes can be reduced to 120mm?

z1ppy

The man from Loco, he say YES!
    (though currently involves surgery and can’t be converted straight back)

jairaj

I try flipping your stem first and seeing how that feels and / or flatter bars.

Not sure what travel the Tallboy is designed for but 20mm reduction is significant, not crazy but will make an obvious difference.

If new shorter forks is the way forward then comparing with your existing Fox 34, the Revelation would be closest match.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2014 SID or Pike’ is closed to new replies.