Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • 2014 Saracens….
  • gordy90lpg
    Free Member

How does that compare

Only got out on it 3 times before a rather eventful Boxing Day ride when I came of big time and broke 5 ribs and damaged lung , I liked the grapil it rode well . The flyer feels a bit heavier but i don’t mind as long as it’s better built , bit harder up hill but felt fast downhill , maybe that’s why I crashed 😉

daveh
    Free Member

On the plus side it must be a bike that goads you on!

gordy90lpg
    Free Member

[/quote]On the plus side it must be a bike that goads you on!

It is a rather fast bike ! ( downhill)

_tom_
    Free Member

That bmx frame is way too low slung, hate em like that! All about the tall standover bmx frames. Love the looks of the Saracen Ariel though. I’ve wanted one since the first incarnation of the frame. The black and gold one looks awesome.

chakaping
    Free Member

But even the most expensive Cotic Rocket – now built in the UK – is cheaper than that Kili frame.

WTF are they thinking?

Kryton57

That Kili flyer 122 is what yeti should have done with an asr5.

I really hope they don’t have one on show special at the bike show, otherwise I’ll be on here desparately trying to sell a yeti.

robbonzo
    Free Member

Ah, it got you too. I think the terrain and my weight accelerated my failure! I blazed the customer service path for you! What did you go for afterwards? I got a Bandit 26.

Yeah afraid so.
    I got a Yeti ASR5 and very happy with it. Shame about the grapil as I loved it, and it had a lot going for it, the geometry and suspension feel was ace. Was well thought out for Uk riding – good mud clearance, tough finish, etc. The geo and fit were spot on, just a shame it folded like butter.

I really hope Genesis dont give up on Mtbs as I really like the brand and don’t see Saracen in the same light. Saracen seem to be targeting a younger market with their branding etc. There is definitely a place for Genesis making well thought out quirky bikes, in a similar vein to Cotic and I hope next year they expand their range again. I think Saracen need a reality check on their pricing too.

robbonzo
    Free Member

That Kili flyer 122 is what yeti should have done with an asr5.

I cant understand why Yeti ditched the ASR but kept the 575, which is heavier, no carbon rear and only slightly more travel.

lilchris
    Free Member

My brother picked up a Kili Flyer Cromo last year, still brand new in the box for £1000.

Got one of the Ti frames last year following the PSA.

Built it up with Reba RLTs, a few upgrades on the standard spec here and there, and more white for a smidge under £1,300.
    Love it!

Also got a “Sarcin”.
    An early noughties Blitz which I’m rebuilding.
    Happy memories, even if it does weigh more than y0 mumma!!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘2014 Saracens….’ is closed to new replies.